Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 Seater 2nd Row End Cap Issues

Sarugby9000

Jul 30, 2021
Virginia, USA
Picked up my Model Y 7 seater yesterday and we already have our first issue. On the 2nd row sliding rails, there is an end cap plastic piece. Every time we move the seat forward to access the 3rd row, the end cap pops off. The frustrating thing is the SC is 60 miles from my house and Tesla won't come out for a mobile service so I have to take back down to the SC after this week. Has anyone else seen this problem before.
20210829_155733.jpg
20210829_155752.jpg

mcsenerd

Jun 14, 2021
DFW
I don’t know, other than replace it. I’ll let you know if breaks off again the next time we use the third row… My guess is that like their HVAC “fixes”, it’s basically the definition of insanity. You know, the whole “doing the same thing over again and expecting a different outcome”…

Eeekkk

Mar 8, 2021
SF Bay Area, CA
I had the exact problem when I took delivery in March. Also the third row single seat was not moving. SC fixed it but they also make a small deep scratch to entrance paint.

Quigibo

May 13, 2021
Pasco
Same issue with our 7 seater. First one came off because the pink plastic insert tabs broke off. They replaced it and pushed it back on. Came right back off. Last night 2nd one came off. Looking closer, the end cap won't push on far enough to re-engage the pink plastic tabs, it bottoms out against metal. Will look closer this weekend.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC