Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seater 2nd row seat noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed an issue with passenger side second row seat, randomly generating a seat motor sound?

It's almost like there's a motor that's trying to engage the seat for reclining, adjustments.

It's like the seat doesn't know it's in upright position, and is trying to initiate the seat motor to put in folding position.

Took it to service and they could not diagnose.

Is there a 'proper' way to fold down? (there is lever on top shoulder, second lever by hip, and then third lever under legs).

It sounds like you might have a bad motor. I believe there are two motors under the seat- one for folding flat and the other for 3rd row access. I had one motor replaced a few weeks ago because my drivers side 2nd row seat would not move and tilt forward to allow access to the 3rd row. Here is a video covering how the 7 seater functions.

Reactions: Anser
Upvote 0
It is definitely the motor noise coming from the top handle/lever, on the shoulder of the seat (at least when I pull that lever, the 'seat motor noise' sounds like what happens, randomly, when we're driving).

Once, with my daughter in the second row seat, the seat actually tried to collapse on her!

Will have this double checked!

Upvote 0