Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 Seater MY underbin storage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a 7 seater MY and can take photos of the entire trunk space? Does it still have the under storage area in the trunk as well as the 2 side bins in the back?

Curious to see how much space is lost from the 3rd row seats.

Thanks.

Here ya go.

1E2FDFA1-E603-4E79-9E18-E0947061BD7D.jpeg

Attachments

• B45E70C0-D8F6-4B3A-B633-1EAA86044A3C.jpeg
    B45E70C0-D8F6-4B3A-B633-1EAA86044A3C.jpeg
    647.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 49EA8593-846A-490B-8B4C-18DBAA44C25B.jpeg
    49EA8593-846A-490B-8B4C-18DBAA44C25B.jpeg
    501.1 KB · Views: 100
  • CE9DB453-7642-4A8E-AE59-FBE28D3E7848.jpeg
    CE9DB453-7642-4A8E-AE59-FBE28D3E7848.jpeg
    678.1 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0
The side bins are there but they are not compatible with the Tesla Model Y Trunk Storage Bins. The Tesla storage bins only fit the 5 seat Model Y configuration (probably because the bin covers are carpeted, designed to be flush with the floor of the 5 seat Model Y; the floor of the 7 seat Model Y is slightly raised so the floor is flat when the 3rd row seats are folded down.) You can see this in the 3rd photo in post #2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK cool, that's good. Was a little worried cause I saw on some threads someone mentioning the cargo space was drastically reduced. Glad to see that's not the case.

Is there an extra 'secret' space for the 3rd row footwells? I imagine it would be empty under there when the 3rd row is folded flat right?

Upvote 0
OK cool, that's good. Was a little worried cause I saw on some threads someone mentioning the cargo space was drastically reduced. Glad to see that's not the case.

Is there an extra 'secret' space for the 3rd row footwells? I imagine it would be empty under there when the 3rd row is folded flat right?
In the 5 seater there is a second section of storage under the trunk floor in front of the "deep" trunk... it is right were the 3rd row seats are located, so you lose that storage area. So, storage area IS reduced, but I would not call it "drastically reduced".

Keith

Reactions: camthehombre
Upvote 0
The side bins are there but they are not compatible with the Tesla Model Y Trunk Storage Bins. The Tesla storage bins only fit the 5 seat Model Y configuration (probably because the bin covers are carpeted, designed to be flush with the floor of the 5 seat Model Y; the floor of the 7 seat Model Y is slightly raised so the floor is flat when the 3rd row seats are folded down.) You can see this in the 3rd photo in post #2.
This looks different from the 7-seat MY I test drove two weeks ago. It was brand new, as in off the truck the day before. The floor over the sub-trunk was flat and the same height as a 5-seat. The 3rd row seats were raised a bit when folded down with respect to the the sub-trunk cover, so the cargo area wasn't completely flat like shown in the pictures above. Did they make a slight change? Makes sense if they could then not have to produce a different floor for the 7-seat model.

Upvote 0