Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 Seater Pics and Details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree! I was planning on ordering the performance seven seater also. I was bummed when the sales rep first told me they weren’t going to have it, but then I did an overnight test drive in the LR and it was plenty fast for me. I felt like it was way more fun to drive and faster than my X100D, so I’m ok that there is no performance. Saves me some money too.
Amen. I’ve hung on to a 7 seater performance order for almost a year. I finally had to let go and downgrade to a LR AWD, but after I accepted it I realized it was probably FAR more practical for my needs. Longer range, cheaper and more comfortable tires, $10k cheaper.

As much as I want a performance, I can handle losing to a corvette every now and then.

Don't forget the $2k for the performance boost. It take half a second of 0-60 and takes the LR AWD closer to the performance version (4.3 vs. 3.5).

The sales rep let me know about the acceleration boost. I’m considering it but honestly when I drove the 4.8 LR last week it was very quick and I realized I don’t think I’ll ever really want to drive quicker - even though I like to drive fast off the line. It was more fun to drive to me than my X I’ve been driving for three years (and I love my X). I’d love to test drive a 4.3 MY to see if I can tell the difference.

The sales rep let me know about the acceleration boost. I’m considering it but honestly when I drove the 4.8 LR last week it was very quick and I realized I don’t think I’ll ever really want to drive quicker - even though I like to drive fast off the line. It was more fun to drive to me than my X I’ve been driving for three years (and I love my X). I’d love to test drive a 4.3 MY to see if I can tell the difference.

The great thing is, you don't need to decide now. Go with it the way it is, then, if you get bored, or find someone else who has it, and think it's worth it, you can pull the trigger then. Love that you can do it on your phone.

You can test the acceleration boost for 24 hours if you purchase a car.

Well this entirely changed my mind on it. Those rear seats now look entirely usable for anyone up to about 5’ 2” to 5’ 4” (like hour long treks) and “emergency use” for maybe up to 5’ 9” ish.

Looking at average heights that should handle kids up to 12 years old (if they’re on the max average height range) and even most adult women.

This seems absolutely reasonable for a car this size, especially if it’s purchased when kids are like 4 to 6.

Good to see someone finally look at seating positions for all three rows with a male adult. Though that driver position looks a smidge tight for like a long road trip.

My sales rep called me today and told me I need to modify my order as they are not planning on making the 7-seat performance version at this time. I told him this weekend I was going to check out a 7-seater at the store and then make a decision if I will cancel my order or downgrade to LR AWD

My sales rep called me today and told me I need to modify my order as they are not planning on making the 7-seat performance version at this time. I told him this weekend I was going to check out a 7-seater at the store and then make a decision if I will cancel my order or downgrade to LR AWD
They won't make them until you pick up your 7-seat LR AWD..... :D

Model Y headroom.jpg
Model Y with her in back seat.jpg
Model Y with her in back seat.jpg Model Y headroom.jpg Model Y looking down and rear footwell.jpg Center seats legroom with rear legroom also.jpg Our new Model Y was just delivered about an hour ago. I will attach several photos of the 7 passenger seat model inside photos. There is also photos of my wife inside who is 5-6" tall and said she would have no problem riding in the back rear seats. As you can see there is three to four inches of head room above her head.
Let me know if you would like to see any specific photos or dimensions. Ordered the Model Y the third day the order bank was open.

Does the rear trunk bin cover have a slot so you can prop it up while loading things in to the bin? I know the 5 seater does. I know the lid can be turned upside down so the trunk is flat with the seats down, but does it prop up? If so, does it prop up in both configurations (right side up and upside down), or just in one? Thanks!

Has anybody noted the load capacity for the 7-seater Model Y?

I remember when the 5-seater came out, the load capacity (passenger + cargo weight) was a bit smaller than expected. Wondering if that has increased for hte 7-seater...