Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 Seater Pics and Details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the details and photos, they're great!

What are the ranges of movement for the second row? Is what's shown in the photos the farthest forward they can move?

It looks like when the second row is moved forward, outboard passengers will have a hard time reaching for their seat belts as they're mounted on the body pretty far back and may need help from the 3rd row passengers. Did you get a chance to experience this?

I was able to sit in a 7 seater yesterday at Fashion Island Tesla Store in Newport Beach. garage where the test drive vehicles are and they had one white 7 seater with black interior.
I wonder if you could get information about the features and versions of stuff with that vehicle.
- I assume double pane glass
- I hope heated steering wheel
- if you could ask for pics of the climate control UI and frunk area we may see if it has the “biohazard” HEPA filter.
- do you happen to know which headlights it comes with (out of curiosity)
- is the center console “new” or classic style.

thanks again for taking the time to share!

So no chance of installing child seats in both rows of the 7-seater? Also, is it possible for someone to enter/exit the 3rd row when (multiple) child seats are installed in the 2nd row? I'm guessing no on that one too.
I can say from my experience with 7-seat Land Rover that it's possible. Not sure if it's legal in the US but we use high quality child seats and boosters that require only seat belts to attach.
What we do as a family of 5:
1) slightly move 1nd row passenger seat forward
2) move 2nd row forward
3) place 1 full size child seat and 1 booster at 2nd row + fold middle part
4) place 1 full size child seat at 3rd row
5) second seat at 3rd row is always folded, lot of space for luggage
Works great for short rides and even 1-day road trips.

I took child seat and measuring tape with me to the dealership when I ordered Land Rover Disco Sport 5 years ago.

From what I see on the photos, Model Y has more leg room for the 3rd row and overall looks better and more cozy than my Land Rover. Of course minivan of large SUV offers more comfort but less convinient for daily use imo.

https://driveteslacanada.ca/model-y/up-close-look-tesla-model-y-third-row-photos/

Looks like we finally have some pictures with people sitting in the 3rd row. This looks significantly better than I had hoped for. My bigger kids are about 5' tall, so they'll get some use out of the 3rd row before outgrowing it...then it can be for my (currently) 5 year old for trips that require a little separation.

I think everyone is blowing the "trunk hump" way out of proportion. First, you can absolutely still "Tesla camp". This bump will be around your knee anyway. Secondly... give the community 6 months, and someone will build a "flush trunk floor". Third, ok...so it's not 100% flat... that just means when you're loading larger items, you can't just slide them in. You'll have to lift a tiny bit. Small price to pay for the convenience of having 2 extra seats.

Yes, it's a little inconvenient. No, it's not a deal breaker for me.

up-close-look-tesla-model-y-third-row-photos
Thank you for sharing. This does look quite a bit better than expected! Agreed that any number of solutions could be figured out for campers.

Thanks for taking the time to post this. Great info, as usual with Tesla, consumers have to rely on other consumers for specifics like this.

it looks like a great option for the market. If you have a use case, well worth the savings from the X, and will continue to drive Tesla sales vs competitors

Reactions: Guy V and Hrtme
https://driveteslacanada.ca/model-y/up-close-look-tesla-model-y-third-row-photos/

Looks like we finally have some pictures with people sitting in the 3rd row. This looks significantly better than I had hoped for. My bigger kids are about 5' tall, so they'll get some use out of the 3rd row before outgrowing it...then it can be for my (currently) 5 year old for trips that require a little separation.

I think everyone is blowing the "trunk hump" way out of proportion. First, you can absolutely still "Tesla camp". This bump will be around your knee anyway. Secondly... give the community 6 months, and someone will build a "flush trunk floor". Third, ok...so it's not 100% flat... that just means when you're loading larger items, you can't just slide them in. You'll have to lift a tiny bit. Small price to pay for the convenience of having 2 extra seats.

Yes, it's a little inconvenient. No, it's not a deal breaker for me.

Doesn't look too bad, but I think the worst part of sitting in the 3rd row would be lack of forward visibility (i.e. kids getting carsick). If you look at the last photo from the driveteslacanada link, you can see that the 3rd row is staring at the "wall" of second-row seats ahead of them. Wouldn't be quite as bad if you only had 6 people and folded the middle seat of the 2nd row.