TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

7 week wait, got a low VIN. Should I worry?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by bdub, Apr 6, 2018.

1. bdub

bdub New Member

I waited 7 weeks for a VIN assignment (assigned on 4/6) and got a pretty low number (mid-8000s) considering the VINs currently being registered and assigned. Does this mean the vehicle is one rejected by another buyer? Should I be worried?

MSM/Aero/SoCal

2. goto10

goto10 Member

There's no way to know for sure what a lower VIN means. It could be there was an issue with that vehicle in manufacturing that took a long time to resolve before it could be released. Or maybe even the number was really just assigned to a newly-produced vehicle.

3. Andre Mercier

Andre Mercier Member

I took delivery of a 75xx a week ago while others around me were receiving 12xxx's. It does not go in sequence.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  4. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

I got assigned 68xx back when 11k was the highest VIN. MSM/Aero as well. My car is amazing.

• Like x 1
  5. bdub

bdub New Member

Ah, thanks for the info. Good to know others had a similar experience. I think the first thing I will do upon delivery is check the manufacture date on the door.

• Like x 1
  6. LV Acrobat

LV Acrobat Member

I was given 6757 last week, very low vin yet manufacture date is 3/18. VINS not in sequence, car is in great quality, no issues.

• Like x 2
  7. Stickers

Stickers Member

Same here, finally got the VIN after 7 week wait (7 weeks, 2 days). Same configuration as you, MSM, aero, SoCal. 8600s also

8. ddm3

ddm3 Member

In San Diego, there's an MSM, aero with VIN 85xx that's been sitting at the delivery center for a few weeks. Hope it's not that one.

9. BustinJeebs

BustinJeebs Member

I am about to hit 7 weeks on a 2/22 configuration.