Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 years later what is your 100% on your 85kWh battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished charging to 100% ahead of a long day of driving. I have a 2012 Signature P85 Model S. My 100% charge is 406 km or 253 miles. I have an original "A" battery pack with 98,855 km or 61,427 miles. To date I have lost 4.7% of my total range from when the vehicle was new.

I personally think these numbers are really good considering that I drive with a heavy foot and I live in Toronto where the weather goes from one extreme to the next.

What do your numbers look like? Feel free to chime in regardless of Model or year, just provide as much detail as possible.

Thanks!

I am interested in knowing this too, but often have a problem here since it's basically an US forum and the EU Rated and Typical ranges (the ones i have) don't seem to be match the Rated and Ideal range of the US cars...

Are those 406 km of range in what? (rated US - EU, typical, ideal??)

Anyway i currently usually get 375km of Typical range at 100% charge (usually because i got 380 km once), but can't compare with the range in new because i bought my late 2014 85 MS used.
It currently has 83.000km (had 73.000 when i bought it).

I don't really know if this is a good, bad or ok range (Typical) for my 85 MS and would really like to know how it compares with similar cars out there.

Reactions: David99
I have the Model S 85 2012 with 170,000. Max range charge is about 225. Just had my battery checked yesterday with service center and its running normally. I guess this is acceptable with the number of charge cycles. It will be 6 years on Dec. 24th.

I had a loaner 75D, and that battery had more range then my car and seemed to hold more of a charge when traveling. Granted it had only 11K but still hoping my battery warranty will kick in sooner then later.

My 2014 Model S 85 will be celebrating its 5th birthday in less than two weeks. I have 57,800 miles on it, and get 258 miles on a 100% range charge (less than 3% degradation from the 265 rated miles it had new). I'm super happy about that! I'm not sure if the mostly moderate temperatures here on Maui have helped, but it has spent some time in the cold during its lifetime. Charging has been mostly using the 14-50 adapter at 40 amps, set to 90%. I usually charge to 100% about every month or so, just to know what the rated range is.

Reactions: David99
Last Sept, traded in our April 2013 85 kW with 156k miles "A" battery. Max charge was 249 miles. 5 and 1/2 years.
Driven average, and mild climate. Garaged. Pretty much kept it at 90%.

Hated to part with it. After, we kept getting notices to charge it ( a slow death - heartbreaking)

Replaced with a 100 kW

2015 p85d, switzerland (not quite EU ;), nearing 100k on the odo
100% range used to be a little above 400, dropped to 383-386 after the first winter (SC said will recover once it gets warm again, never happened), now it fluctuates around 373-376 . Actually just climbed to 378 yesterday (90% extrapolated to 100% by teslaFi) so might be going up as the days are getting warmer.

Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
2015 p85d, switzerland (not quite EU ;), nearing 100k on the odo
100% range used to be a little above 400, dropped to 383-386 after the first winter (SC said will recover once it gets warm again, never happened), now it fluctuates around 373-376 . Actually just climbed to 378 yesterday (90% extrapolated to 100% by teslaFi) so might be going up as the days are getting warmer.

Hahaha, for this purpose i mean EU as for European Teslas, not Economic Union.

Nice too see the range is holding up pretty fine in these examples.

Would like to have more EU info here, especially about 85 MS's
You can probably just compare % range loss, regardless of US/EU. You should see the similar % losses, regardless of the drive cycle used for range calculation.

I wouldn't look at non-85's, since smaller batteries may be more stressed/more loss, and larger (specifically the 90's) use a different chemistry.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H