Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 years later what is your 100% on your 85kWh battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thanks a lot! Since our cars are similar age but mine has much more miles, it seems the reduction in charge speed is due to battery usage, likely also lots of DC charge use, not age.
Just curious...how many miles—of that total how much is SC’g...? And, what’s your 100%...? Trying to get a gauge on what to expect. My commute is 72 miles round trip and I supercharge maybe once a week.

Last edited:
Just curious...how many miles—of that total how much is SC’g...? And, what’s your 100%...? Trying to get a gauge on what to expect. My commute is 72 miles round trip and I supercharge maybe once a week.

currently 210k miles (335k km), 60% supercharging, 100% is at 238 miles. Performance seems the same as it was new, but supercharging speed has been reduced gradually over time.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Just finished charging to 100% ahead of a long day of driving. I have a 2012 Signature P85 Model S. My 100% charge is 406 km or 253 miles. I have an original "A" battery pack with 98,855 km or 61,427 miles. To date I have lost 4.7% of my total range from when the vehicle was new.

I personally think these numbers are really good considering that I drive with a heavy foot and I live in Toronto where the weather goes from one extreme to the next.

What do your numbers look like? Feel free to chime in regardless of Model or year, just provide as much detail as possible.

Thanks!

Oh geez. Does this mean you're going to go the full 8 years without getting a new battery at least once???? :eek:

My April 2016 90D now has 86,000 miles (138,400 km) and 100% charge states: 263 miles (423 km) of range vs 285 miles rated when new. I rarely charge to 100% as 90% is always sufficient for my purposes. I mostly uses the superchargers from 20% to 75%, and top off to 90% at destination chargers.

I generally don't ever charge up to 100%, but did so quite by accident this past week. I was on a trip out of town for a few days, so I had my limit set at the top. I was riding the edge (purposefully) coming back home at the end and rolled in with 13 miles left, so I plugged in right away. The next morning, on Saturday, I went out into the garage and heard a humming from the car, and it triggered my memory that I forgot to lower the limit. So my March 2014 S85 has about 68,000 miles, and now charges to 253 rated miles at 100%, compared to the 265 at new.

• Informative
2013 P85 184k miles. 100% is 235.

i've been tracking my usage more lately to see if my degredation is normal. i dont think it is but i keep mentioning it to Tesla and they say it is.

for example, last week one trip from 100% (235 miles) to 27% (65 miles) used 45.8kWh. So 73% of usage was 45.8kWh...
and again last week, from 100% to 13% used 53.2 kWh.
and again from 54% to 19% used 21.9kWh.

I still use on average about 30% more range than rated to get to my destination. It's always been that way.

anyway, calculating out those numbers above, it would seem my "Usable 100%" is about 62kWh, which is far below what an 85kW pack should be. Sure I get that only 77kW is usable on an 85kW pack, but still, every trip i make calculates to about the same around ~61kW usable in my pack. Last time I went from 100% to about 4% it used around 58 or 59 kW but that was about a year ago I think. Still works out to be the same. I never take it that low anymore though. Last time I did that the car shut down with 7 miles rated range still showing. so my usable range in real world usage is pretty low.... :(

• Informative
I tried it last trip . I got 243. First time I've done it in 3 yrs.
Tesla told me never to do it. They told me to have 2 settings.
Home is 175 miles
Trip 225
And always leave it plugged in.

Attachments

• official.JPG
    official.JPG
    585.3 KB · Views: 115