Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"70" reg crew

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks guys. So far weirdly I've not needed to supercharge, but have a staycation coming up and would love to try it out. With the aftermarket wheels coming I'm sure I'll need it more often than not :)

Try and engineer the situation so you arrive with a low SoC and a hot battery. See how far you can get that kW tapped turned on. ;)

Reactions: s88ats
My plan is exactly the same, except that I am hedging on the 7 day return policy. So I delayed my MS p pickup to tomorrow. And will see what happens on Monday. If its game, keep it. If not, return it or call them and negotiate a plan!

The delivery agent I spoke to at tesla said confidently that there will be no new model S for the UK at all this year. Mine was apparently destined to be a demo car for their showrooms, but I snatched it before it arrived the UK.. Will see if he is legit!

Can't wait till tomorrow!

Yep, I'm doing the same - my collection is on Monday so if anything get's announced that rattles my cage, I'll use the 7 day return policy...

Reactions: Melsaid
Physically they only have the one cable/charge head, whereas V2 have two - the Type 2 and the CCS. Any sites that are only V3, e.g. Wyboston (and probably all future new ones) will only show up in your car if you can use them i.e. older S/X without the conversion won't see them.

The max charge rate will also show as up to 250kW in the nav.
V3 Charge Cables are a lot lighter as well, which struck me as strange - more power, thinner lighter cable.

Just picked her up from Leeds. Great guys, really helpful.

Couple of jiggly things they'll sort. Otherwise, She is absolutely gorgeous!
IMG_20200917_155452.jpg

I often get confused when I see people post their brand new cars on here, literally brand new very expensive cars with panel gaps like that and ask "Is this within tolerance" ?

The simply answer is NO it is not within tolerance, it is far from within tolerance it is miles away from within tolerance.

I wonder how many people have challenged this statement by simply asking them to produce the spec for the tolerance that they refer to?
I would certainly want to see this spec, in writing, so I can corroborate that what they are saying is based on fact. If they cannot produce such evidence then their statement is of no consequence.

They move the "within tolerance" further and further away because people do not stand ups and say "I am not happy with that"

exactly. I don't understand this mentality either.
They continue to take the p*$$ because they can get away with it, purchasers who accept this shoddiness are being taken for mugs.

I just don't think given the competition that Tesla can keep using this "within tolerance" angle we all accept. It would be really cool if for once at the end of a quarter sales delivery, Right in the last few days we all just said nope thats no good thanks and where a little bit more honest with Tesla on pick up and declined cars in masses.

It won't happen...unfortunately, blinkered fanboy syndrome kicks-in which means the majority will accept their car in any condition as long as it does 0-60 in 4 seconds.

I'll tell you this if in one delivery quarter 50% of pick ups was refused based on "within tolerance" they would certainly pay attention to their customers and maybe just maybe they would address the issue and stop pushing out sub par built cars.

as long as people continue to accept and drive them away in this poor state Tesla will continue sending them out this way. Why would they bother to fix issues that gullible people are prepared to accept if they can get away with it?

Every car presented in this manner should be left at the SC for them to sort out before accepting it.

No "maybe" about it, if the SC's start getting clogged-up with defective cars these faults would cease in a very short space of time.

Don't get me wrong I am a Tesla Fan boy, I know it may not look that way! I truly am though, I keep seeing this kind of work being pushed out by them and just wish people would make more of a point that it's not "within tolerance"!!!!

Few Rant over!

I too am an avid fan of the Tesla ethos and concept, but not of their zero customer service and the blatant way that they abuse their loyal fanbase who actively promote their cars for them.

Other prestige manufacturers would not dare to tarnish their reputation or jeopardise their launch into the EV space by presenting their cars in this condition. Can you imagine Polestar customers accepting their £50k car in this condition? No way! They would
not tolerate this behaviour.

Once competition ramps-up (it is already underway) Tesla will need to seriously up-their-game in terms of quality and customer service if they intend to uphold their No1 position. Their competitors are well aware of Teslas' weaknesses and will no doubt be hell-bent on exploiting them to their gain.

I wonder how many people have challenged this statement by simply asking them to produce the spec for the tolerance that they refer to?
I would certainly want to see this spec, in writing, so I can corroborate that what they are saying is based on fact. If they cannot produce such evidence then their statement is of no consequence.

exactly. I don't understand this mentality either.
They continue to take the p*$$ because they can get away with it, purchasers who accept this shoddiness are being taken for mugs.

It won't happen...unfortunately, blinkered fanboy syndrome kicks-in which means the majority will accept their car in any condition as long as it does 0-60 in 4 seconds.

as long as people continue to accept and drive them away in this poor state Tesla will continue sending them out this way. Why would they bother to fix issues that gullible people are prepared to accept if they can get away with it?

Every car presented in this manner should be left at the SC for them to sort out before accepting it.

No "maybe" about it, if the SC's start getting clogged-up with defective cars these faults would cease in a very short space of time.

I too am an avid fan of the Tesla ethos and concept, but not of their zero customer service and the blatant way that they abuse their loyal fanbase who actively promote their cars for them.

Other prestige manufacturers would not dare to tarnish their reputation or jeopardise their launch into the EV space by presenting their cars in this condition. Can you imagine Polestar customers accepting their £50k car in this condition? No way! They would
not tolerate this behaviour.

Once competition ramps-up (it is already underway) Tesla will need to seriously up-their-game in terms of quality and customer service if they intend to uphold their No1 position. Their competitors are well aware of Teslas' weaknesses and will no doubt be hell-bent on exploiting them to their gain.

Absolutely agree about the panel gaps. I was hoping mine would not have any and that's its all in the past. Unfortunately there was a panel gap, and a couple of nigly things. They were very supportive though and said they'll fix it in a service centre and if I notice anything else, they'll do it.
It cost them time and money to just keep fixing new cars and from having released several products myself (totally irrelevant to car industry), it haunted me as an owner those issues and took quite some time to tighten up the quality process. They got away with it because it wouldn't affect sales since there was virtually no competition.

Competition is ramping up. Lucid Air focusing on the luxury element while being technically exciting and capable car. Polestar coming. Porsche tycan is an absolute beauty and I know people who bought it instead of tesla. I beleive next year will be a game changer for the Tesla making it very tough not to address the QC process at the factory level. I miss BMW 360 check they do in any car they sell used or new. For the mean time, everyone should keep inspecting their cars and asking for it to be rectified rather than just accept it. This will ramp up their cost of sale and will have the same impact as not accepting it till its rectified...

when I first walked in the showroom, the guy was like sign here and you are good to go.. I said Id like to inspect it first he then said absolutely. To my surprise, he came and shown me a chip on the screen and said we already have a replacement on Order. I further inspected and pointed a couple of issues and they said no problem will fix it. we agree and sorry about . I guess so many just go pick it up and leave and they'd only raise serious issues like a chip on the glass ...

Out of interest, how many new owners who collected a 70 plate are using one of the M3 Checklists (is. Print it out and go through everything on the list?)

I'm due to collect on Monday and was planning on being thorough, but I guess... the more you look, the more you find... :(

Out of interest, how many new owners who collected a 70 plate are using one of the M3 Checklists (is. Print it out and go through everything on the list?)

I'm due to collect on Monday and was planning on being thorough, but I guess... the more you look, the more you find... :(
I looked at the various different ones I saw, and summarised all the key points (IMHO!) on to a single side of A4:
Capture2.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: JS77

I did used it but still managed to miss a slightly misaligned rear door that I just spotted. The excitement kind of takes over!

While I’m planning on using the checklist, and won’t be overly happy if it’s a p*ss poor job, with gaps, dodgy paint etc... I do need to remember that I’m buying this on PCP, so provided it’s not embarrassingly bad, and drives ok, the rest is their issue not mine. Ie at the end if they’ve done a bad job and it’s worth less than the GFV, that’s their loss. If it’s worth more, well that’s my gain.

Yes I pay more doing it this way, but equally it does a lot to de-risk it.

As I say though, I’ll be checking it... just won’t be throwing toys out of the pram.

A lot of chatter on this m3 heat pump which sounds practically confirmed.

Can anyone detail impact to a U.K. driver? A lot of benefits cited to Canadians and Scandinavians but it doesn’t get super cold here. Would the benefit really just be for those where it’s regularly in the minuses?

I fear us in the 70 crew will just miss this.

Having owned a car with a bidirectional heat pump, and experienced the relatively slow warm up time and pretty poor defrost performance, I'm happy to have the pretty rapid PTC heater, TBH.

The reason more manufacturers don't often bother with a bidirectional heat pump may be related to the warm up performance, I think. Tesla have come up with a way of short circuiting the heat pump in the octovalve (our domestic heat pump does much the same) as a way of speeding up heating and cooling, and maybe that's enough to make it work as well as a PTC heater. I have my doubts that just adding a reversing valve to the heat pump that all Model 3s already have is going to make a massive difference to those of us places with a fairly mild climate. My guess is that it makes an appreciable difference to the car heating demand in places where it's very cold for long periods of time. Defrosting may not be an issue in those places, either, as people probably already use measures to reduce screen icing in cold weather, plus, I think it may be more of a problem here, where humidity levels in winter can be quite high, so an overnight temperature drop tends to cause icing.

As an interesting aside, having not lived in a house where the windows iced up since I was a small boy, and then on the inside, we find that the outer pane of the windows of our house mist up in cool weather and ice up on the outside in cold weather. Over the past few days we've noticed that the outside of the windows are misting up again, due to the outer pane of glass losing heat and dropping below the local dew point.

A lot of chatter on this m3 heat pump which sounds practically confirmed.

Can anyone detail impact to a U.K. driver? A lot of benefits cited to Canadians and Scandinavians but it doesn’t get super cold here. Would the benefit really just be for those where it’s regularly in the minuses?

I fear us in the 70 crew will just miss this.

I agree - my car also has the old style frunk even thought its a 70 but I like it and cheaper mats once I get round to buying!

I don’t really use aircon though and more often than not am too warm in the car or in winter a quick burst of a seat heater sorts me out in previous cars so no doubt this one will be the same.

I did a lot of research before I bought and it’s certain there are going to be tonnes of improvements especially as electric becomes more mainstream and the ‘regular’ car manufacturers bring high quality interiors and similar battery tech;

I know Range will increase, for Tesla and the whole market, prices will drop (a lot) and the resale value of my M3 will plummet... So I know waiting to go electric probably was a better call..... but I needed a car and I love this one and the range is perfect for me and if it increases a touch with an update even better but it’s more than ok for the foreseeable (as long as I keep bloomin sentry mode off!) :confused:

I got a great deal buying through the business, it’s free to charge where I charge mostly so just super chargers on long hauls, and I absolutely LOVE this car so I'm happy out - whatever news comes next Tuesday :)

Reactions: Beady3647
Heater makes a significant difference in efficiency. Thankfully its at users discretion. imho, auto is not very good, manual with slower fan speeds much better.

eg First one, no use of the heater. Otherwise same trip, similar temperature, whilst different tod/dow it would be similar road conditions. Neither of them charged before and worse case drive would have had some previous use earlier that day.

upload_2020-9-20_10-4-50.png

So I thought i'd keep on with the 70 Reg club, went to Leeds SC to collect my Tesla, M3 LR in blue, black interior with standard config.

I've got to admit following the recent posts of total failures along side the usual complaints (totally valid!) I was nervous at collection, had to wait 10 minutes to collect the car, was called though and told the usual info about door locks, starting etc. Given the keys and left to go check out the car, it is raining so I cannot 100% speak about the paintwork but so far from what i've seen it's a VERY good one, VIN 772xxx which has the new frunk, so far i've driven it back to work, it had 58% on collection, plugged into the V3 to 'topup' but the V3 I was on was only getting to 45KW, most of the V3's were busy with new owners charging (2 mins after the pics were taken they all filled up!) I only hung around to 63%. I may try the V2 at the Leeds Village south hotel tonight or leave it a few days and see what's what. I'm loving it, so far and I just have to remember to be light with my right foot when maneuvering! lol! The app worked almost instantly after signing too!

Spoke to another guy collecting his M3 also and he was the same as me anxious initially but happy he got a good one, so they are out there, if you are waiting, just be pragmatic, yes you may have issues, but there is a good chance you'll be happy with the car you get!

Here's a couple of pics!
IMG_1546.jpg
IMG_1547.jpg

So I thought i'd keep on with the 70 Reg club, went to Leeds SC to collect my Tesla, M3 LR in blue, black interior with standard config.

I've got to admit following the recent posts of total failures along side the usual complaints (totally valid!) I was nervous at collection, had to wait 10 minutes to collect the car, was called though and told the usual info about door locks, starting etc. Given the keys and left to go check out the car, it is raining so I cannot 100% speak about the paintwork but so far from what i've seen it's a VERY good one, VIN 772xxx which has the new frunk, so far i've driven it back to work, it had 58% on collection, plugged into the V3 to 'topup' but the V3 I was on was only getting to 45KW, most of the V3's were busy with new owners charging (2 mins after the pics were taken they all filled up!) I only hung around to 63%. I may try the V2 at the Leeds Village south hotel tonight or leave it a few days and see what's what. I'm loving it, so far and I just have to remember to be light with my right foot when maneuvering! lol! The app worked almost instantly after signing too!

Spoke to another guy collecting his M3 also and he was the same as me anxious initially but happy he got a good one, so they are out there, if you are waiting, just be pragmatic, yes you may have issues, but there is a good chance you'll be happy with the car you get!

Here's a couple of pics!View attachment 591249 View attachment 591250
Very nice and glad the collection process was a good one! Make sure you do go over the car within the 7 days and report anything that needs fixing.

WRT charging, did you 'navigate' to the V3 charger in the cars nav? it should have prewarmed the batteries which would have given you a faster charge.

Very nice and glad the collection process was a good one! Make sure you do go over the car within the 7 days and report anything that needs fixing.

WRT charging, did you 'navigate' to the V3 charger in the cars nav? it should have prewarmed the batteries which would have given you a faster charge.
as it was across the car park from where I collected it, no, but I will next time!

Here's a couple of pics!View attachment 591249 View attachment 591250
Beautiful congrats - please post pic inside new frunk