Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"70" reg crew

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question, I think i saw on the Tesla owners group on Facebook that one the day you collect your car you get free SuperCharging?
At least thats what someone on there said.

Anyone know if thats absolutely the case?

I collect my M3 SR+ from Southampton on 12th :)

I’ve just had a text telling me to sign the delivery agreement and accept the car before I arrive at Edinburgh as it will be “contactless” - did anyone collecting today sign the agreement before arrival?
Yup. I signed it electronically last Friday. Then in typical Tesla style they rang me on Saturday to tell me to sign it!

they don’t submit it until you inspect the car and give the staff the thumbs up

Quick question, I think i saw on the Tesla owners group on Facebook that one the day you collect your car you get free SuperCharging?
At least thats what someone on there said.

Anyone know if thats absolutely the case?

I collect my M3 SR+ from Southampton on 12th :)
Free supercharging if you used a referral when ordering. Also free on the day I believe. I had referral miles and the car was home delivered.

Also curious if this guy is on here:

I think someone had been given the wrong car to start with, his keys didn’t work. As I came back to complain about my FSD I overheard him get another set of keys and was told his actual car was in bay 16. Which is where MY car was! So there were a few muck ups on the day

Also curious if this guy is on here:

I think someone had been given the wrong car to start with, his keys didn’t work. As I came back to complain about my FSD I overheard him get another set of keys and was told his actual car was in bay 16. Which is where MY car was! So there were a few muck ups on the day
Wonder if he was the same guy that made himself comfortable in mine

Wonder if he was the same guy that made himself comfortable in mine
Maybe, seems there were a few mix ups.

How is the pen ;)

Seriously though how are you getting on with he car? I'm exactly as expected: annoyed about the broken trim and missing FSD but just so in love with the car.

Looking for excuses to drive.

"I'm just popping to Tescos' for milk luv"
"but we live above a Sainsbury's "
"Yeah, but their milk tastes of cow..."

picked up the M3 Performance yesterday from Birmingham - one of 33 cars to be collected - order placed in July. I was a 'car drop' guinea pig apparently - everything through the app - key was in the glove box - only needed to speak to someone if there was an issue - none to date but guess will see. Some advice sought 1) Where in brum is a good place for getting rear windows privacy film installed on the tesla 2) stil havent got a home charger set up - any advice ?

picked up the M3 Performance yesterday from Birmingham - one of 33 cars to be collected - order placed in July. I was a 'car drop' guinea pig apparently - everything through the app - key was in the glove box - only needed to speak to someone if there was an issue - none to date but guess will see. Some advice sought 1) Where in brum is a good place for getting rear windows privacy film installed on the tesla 2) stil havent got a home charger set up - any advice ?

Oh yeah - took about 40 miles before the autopilot kicked in

Be interested to know what software version folks have upon collection / whether an update to 32.x is being triggered very soon after pickup/delivery ?
I'll check when the ranger comes to fix my speaker but I think we have the latest version. When I got in the car the first thing that greeted me was the "in this update" screen it always displays after a software update.

How is the pen ;)

Seriously though how are you getting on with he car? I'm exactly as expected: annoyed about the broken trim and missing FSD but just so in love with the car.

Been doing the same since mine arrived in March. Hasn’t worn off yet
AS it happens, aged parents have just run out of milk. Whoopee!

Reactions: Neilio

How is the pen ;)

The pens going great, the other is going to be collectable and gifted to my grandkids (or ebay - i'll send you the link ;) haha)

The FSD is software related so they should be able to get that fixed relatively quickly for you, hopefully remotely - may also just be a calibration issue.

I hadn't test-driven the car so I didn't know what to expect, but in the back of my head I knew I could just give it back if I didn't like it.

As soon as I got in though, it didn't feel weird or out of place and strangely I felt right at home. The build quality was a lot better than I was expecting too - none of the flimsiness like youtubers had reviewed and it did have a premium feel to it. The accessories definitely helped give it that little extra practicality. I had plans to wrap the car and only got the white because it was the 'free' colour. However, once I got up close and personal to it I actually really like the glistening. Got the tints done yesterday and that changed the look of the car, will be looking at alloys next overall I can't fault the car.

I knew it would be fast, but I didn't realise just how fast. My mate is now looking at superchargers because of the embarrassment on the M25. Once he does I'll buy the booster to hurt his ego again :p I don't know if its because the cars new but the brakes weren't as sharp as they need to be for the amount of power it has. I may turn regen braking off for a bit to bed them in.

Just like you, I've been looking for excuses but my wife saw right through it and was like just go for a drive and get it out of your system. Might have to buy one of those camping beds.

Reactions: ElRey and boater291
The pens going great, the other is going to be collectable and gifted to my grandkids (or ebay - i'll send you the link ;) haha)

The FSD is software related so they should be able to get that fixed relatively quickly for you, hopefully remotely - may also just be a calibration issue.

I hadn't test-driven the car so I didn't know what to expect, but in the back of my head I knew I could just give it back if I didn't like it.

As soon as I got in though, it didn't feel weird or out of place and strangely I felt right at home. The build quality was a lot better than I was expecting too - none of the flimsiness like youtubers had reviewed and it did have a premium feel to it. The accessories definitely helped give it that little extra practicality. I had plans to wrap the car and only got the white because it was the 'free' colour. However, once I got up close and personal to it I actually really like the glistening. Got the tints done yesterday and that changed the look of the car, will be looking at alloys next overall I can't fault the car.

I knew it would be fast, but I didn't realise just how fast. My mate is now looking at superchargers because of the embarrassment on the M25. Once he does I'll buy the booster to hurt his ego again :p I don't know if its because the cars new but the brakes weren't as sharp as they need to be for the amount of power it has. I may turn regen braking off for a bit to bed them in.

Just like you, I've been looking for excuses but my wife saw right through it and was like just go for a drive and get it out of your system. Might have to buy one of those camping beds.
Maybe there is a coating on the discs that needs wearing off? Tbh I haven’t used the brakes yet so I’d better do that, maybe the same. Knock regen down for a drive and bed the brakes in...

Quality for me is a mixed bag. It’s definitely not on a par with my old car, some of the materials just feel more plasticky and cheap, but it’s nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. Everything you touch feels premium and very nice. It’s only really things like the trim on the doors and the poor floor matts that seem sub standard. Needless to say, when I first floored it away from the lights my first thought wasn’t “yeah this is fun and all, but I’ve seen higher quality plastics in other cars door bins...”

So my first service appointment booked for tomorrow :rolleyes:

Off to Park Royale to see if they can get my FSD working. Really confused with this one as I'm convinced it should be a software fix. Autopilot works fine, the parking sensors work fine, the FSD computer is showing as being installed. But, there we go. Another day not working and not being paid because of the car