Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"70" reg crew

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too late sadly. Yes it's in the invoice and I asked them to check if it was a software issue as everything it should need seems to be working fine. I'm actually really annoyed they want me to bring it in tomorrow. I'm the same as you, I'm certain they can see it as a software issue. They didn't even try to check when I called them. In it goes tomorrow. I'll definitely be putting a complaint in if it is a software issue. Especially as I was fobbed off on delivery day with the issue as well.
Update on the update. Tesla now say that they don’t have the FSD on my cars configuration. Got in touch with my lease firm and they are going to contact them to sort it out. They have confirmed it should be configured.

If they can both agree I’ve paid for it Tesla will send me a software update. Hopefully it’ll be sorted soon.

Good lesson for those picking up this month though. Do check your configuration. The Heathrow delivery guys fobbed me off with a “it’ll come on when the cameras calibrate.” Make sure you don’t drive away if you think something’s not quite right. Lesson learnt for when I pick up my Cybertruck!

My experience of Heathrow was fine from my POV, apart from someone jumping the queue and walking straight in. After 5 mins of my eyes burning into the back of his head he eventually turned round and asked if this was the queue, I said yes, it's out the door around the corner too.
Car was perfect, charge was not. 31% was not going to get me home as the route planner told me. All the stalls at the centre were full so headed off to the ghost town that is T5 chargers. If you go here the barriers are still in operation but if you're there more than 15 mins they still open on exit. If they don't, I think you just press the help button on exit and talk to someone.
Once home and sitting at my local supercharger, I noticed the cover on the driver's wing mirror is not right and also it doesn't adjust up and down. Looks like it's not been fitted correctly. Service visit booked there and then on the app. Apart from that car is spot on. I'm away all week with work so learning on the hop with charging!

• Informative
Reactions: Lucanesque
Update on the update. Tesla now say that they don’t have the FSD on my cars configuration. Got in touch with my lease firm and they are going to contact them to sort it out. They have confirmed it should be configured.

If they can both agree I’ve paid for it Tesla will send me a software update. Hopefully it’ll be sorted soon.

Good lesson for those picking up this month though. Do check your configuration. The Heathrow delivery guys fobbed me off with a “it’ll come on when the cameras calibrate.” Make sure you don’t drive away if you think something’s not quite right. Lesson learnt for when I pick up my Cybertruck!
Update the third: the lease company claim they have authorised Tesla to install FSD. I did have a software update today but it appears to be a standard update as I have no FSD still. Not sure what to do now, lease company say everything is fine but I'm not getting FSD.

This is all compounded by the issue that the car park in my apartment has no signal. So I have to keep driving around to check. This is getting frustrating. I don't even know who to blame as lease company said they specced the car with FSD from the beginning and Tesla say it was never on my configuration

I don't know if you're posting to vent your understandable frustration, or if you're looking for unsolicited advice, but if it was me then two things I'd do in parallel... first I'd log a service ticket with Tesla as the missing FSD is a fault, second I'd be making this the lease company's problem to sort out to chase Tesla to get this resolved.

Hope you get this fixed quick, this sort of error when you're stuck in the middle of two faceless organisations would proper wind me up!

Reactions: s88ats
I
Update the third: the lease company claim they have authorised Tesla to install FSD. I did have a software update today but it appears to be a standard update as I have no FSD still. Not sure what to do now, lease company say everything is fine but I'm not getting FSD.

This is all compounded by the issue that the car park in my apartment has no signal. So I have to keep driving around to check. This is getting frustrating. I don't even know who to blame as lease company said they specced the car with FSD from the beginning and Tesla say it was never on my configuration

I think you should speak to your Lease company and get them to chase Tesla as you don't have what you ordered.

I

I think you should speak to your Lease company and get them to chase Tesla as you don't have what you ordered.
I have done and they claim to have authorised it with Tesla. I'm not getting it though so don't know if they haven't authorised it properly or Tesla haven't installed yet. Its frustrating because one just keeps blaming the other. I should try and conference call them both!

This must be frustrating.
Yeah, I hate going round and round the houses. Just give me someone to shout at!!!

It's a common problem with the modern world I find, everything is outsourced to a third party so they immediately blame the other side before trying to fix the problem! Massively Off topic but I once had BT an issue with my BT broadband. They eventually said "Oh we can't help you, it's a problem with your Openreach connection. BT Own openreach but they couldn't help!

I'm wondering what my next steps are. I contacted the lease company again and they said the would check with operations? I guess I could ring Tesla again and see if they have it on my config yet?

It's going to be a long day!

We have definitely reached an impasse. Loan company state they have authorised Tesla to install FSD. Tesla state the haven't received an authorisation.

I'm just going round the houses here now. No idea how I can resolve this if both parties are adamant they are waiting on the other one

We have definitely reached an impasse. Loan company state they have authorised Tesla to install FSD. Tesla state the haven't received an authorisation.

I'm just going round the houses here now. No idea how I can resolve this if both parties are adamant they are waiting on the other one

I think the only way to resolve it is ask the lease company what proof they can provide that shows this was ordered with Tesla. They must have something in writing if what they say is true.

Reactions: Lucanesque
I think the only way to resolve it is ask the lease company what proof they can provide that shows this was ordered with Tesla. They must have something in writing if what they say is true.
If they ordered it, then they will have the official Tesla invoice. If they are adament that they ordered it, they should have no problem in providing you with a copy @Neilio

Reactions: Neilio
If the lease company had an official Tesla invoice showing FSD, wouldn't this also show somewhere on Neilio's source code? (haven't got FSD so can't check).

It seems to me that the most likely explanation is that the lease company have omitted it but of course, with Tesla anything's possible :oops:

• Love
Reactions: Neilio
If the lease company had an official Tesla invoice showing FSD, wouldn't this also show somewhere on Neilio's source code? (haven't got FSD so can't check).

It seems to me that the most likely explanation is that the lease company have omitted it but of course, with Tesla anything's possible :oops:
Yeah I really don’t know: both are sticking to their guns: lease company said they authorised the FSD tesla saying they’ve heard nothing. They have until Tuesday to sort it out or it’s going back under the 7 day rule

Yeah I really don’t know: both are sticking to their guns: lease company said they authorised the FSD tesla saying they’ve heard nothing. They have until Tuesday to sort it out or it’s going back under the 7 day rule
Part 4 of the saga. Unbelievably it's taken me 3 days of constant phone calls to both Tesla and WeVee to get to a point where I STILL don't have FSD.
The first 2 days were literally spent ringing WeVee to be told that they had contacted Tesla to authorise the FSD and Tesla claiming they haven't heard anything. Today I've had to push like anything to get either company to do anything or get any information out of them. The upshot being, I am PAYING for Full Self drive, but Tesla are refusing to give me it becasue they say WeVee, or to be more specific Leaseplan are refusing to pay Tesla for the option.

I'm a very unhappy bunny here