Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"70" reg crew

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm
There may have been an 11th hour reprieve.

Not sure yet but I told WeVee that if it doesn't get sorted today I'll be considering it a breach of contract and taking appropriate steps. Funnily enough after that I find out they HAVE sent the purchase order to Tesla.
Just got off the phone to them. Sales now have to "undeliver" the car and redeliver with the correct spec. Then the tech team can install the fsd software. This may take a week . Slow process but this is the first time in a week I feel any progress has been made. It is still leaving a sour taste but don't let it put you off. As far as I know Tesla have done well
Make sure you get a loaner!

Talking of loaners, mine is going in next monday for a whole list of fixes that will no doubt take a more than a couple of hours. What's the process of requesting a loaner? No option in the app. Call them up and request in advance?

Hmm
There may have been an 11th hour reprieve.

Not sure yet but I told WeVee that if it doesn't get sorted today I'll be considering it a breach of contract and taking appropriate steps. Funnily enough after that I find out they HAVE sent the purchase order to Tesla.
Just got off the phone to them. Sales now have to "undeliver" the car and redeliver with the correct spec. Then the tech team can install the fsd software. This may take a week . Slow process but this is the first time in a week I feel any progress has been made. It is still leaving a sour taste but don't let it put you off. As far as I know Tesla have done well

Finally some good news for you! This certainly is an issue with the lease and not Tesla. Under normal circumstances, I'm fairly certain it would have just been a remote activation for FSD (this is what they told me when I was unsure of getting it myself).

I opted not to get it in the end, as in my opinion, it's too expensive for what it can do with it in the UK. Pretty satisfied with AP and if FSD improves I can always add it later.

Nonetheless, glad your enjoying the car and finally on track to getting your FSD :)

• Love
Reactions: Neilio and ElRey
I've just picked mine up and didn't have time for a deep dive but did a quick glance around.
Charging cables, emergency kit present. A slight door alignment that looks to be "within spec".

Had to jump in and dash as on the way to pick up I got a call that my kid in school was ill.

Will go over the car properly later today.

Collection was painless and quick. So quick they didn't even ask for ID.

Reactions: M3-Newbie
Does anybody know if the fixing of door misalignments can be done by a mobile ranger visit or will I have to take to my nearest SC which would be a 200 mile round trip! I didn't seem to have the option to have someone come to me to fix it in the app. Makes me think I should put up with the misalignment and forget about it.

Picked up my M3 LR today from Southampton. Arrived 10 minutes before my allotted time and I was the only customer there to my surprise. Car looked almost perfect other than a couple of places with glue residue. There is a slight misalignment of one of the rear doors but wondered if I need to get this sorted or would it be within tolerance?

View attachment 585887
I would get that fixed. If the door is properly shut then that’s quite a gap as it doesn’t look flush as well as bring misaligned. Can lead to water getting in, dirt, extra wind noise as well as aesthetically not right.

A ranger should be able to do it so worth checking.

The thing that really bugs me is I configured the FSD the day before it went up to it's current price and that was reflected in the cost.

Think you've found your problem there, Tesla will be looking to charge the new price and nobody (WEVEE / Leaseplan) will pay the difference of however much the price went up.

I ordered a Lease Car back around this time last year (not a Tesla), I was told it was built, I was then told that there was a fire at the factory that built the digital cockpit (after my car was 'built') - they then discovered that they'd built my car as a lesser spec. As my car had been ordered 3 months earlier on an offer, they wouldn't build me a new one for the same price - never got to the bottom of who was at fault for the spec but these leasing companies / brokers make high volume, small margin profits and they don't have the money in the deals to rectify the mistakes.

Hope you get sorted soon

Reactions: Neilio
Collected today, largely painless experience and no real problems that I could find (some tape marks on the front that cleaned off).

I have noticed a bit of a rattle from somewhere in the passenger side but haven't had a chance to investigate yet.

Great car, really pleased! :D

Reactions: M3-Newbie
Collected today, largely painless experience and no real problems that I could find (some tape marks on the front that cleaned off).

I have noticed a bit of a rattle from somewhere in the passenger side but haven't had a chance to investigate yet.

Great car, really pleased! :D
If the seat was empty, might just be the seatbelt against the door pillar. I thought it was the seat at first. Can’t see a way to stop it.

check for a rattle in the rear door card where the outer edge of the door card touches the metal door panel. apply firm force to several (non-bending) areas around the edge of the door card to ensure clips are fully in - same with C pillar trim and seat trims. I've found 8 or 9 areas in the car so far where stuff wasn't really tight in from factory. centre console edge trims, door cards, frunk light area, seat lower surrounds etc

Reactions: Cyclone1 and Drew57
check for a rattle in the rear door card where the outer edge of the door card touches the metal door panel. apply firm force to several (non-bending) areas around the edge of the door card to ensure clips are fully in - same with C pillar trim and seat trims. I've found 8 or 9 areas in the car so far where stuff wasn't really tight in from factory. centre console edge trims, door cards, frunk light area, seat lower surrounds etc
Good point & I'd forgotten about these - during the delivery check I found the passenger side centre console edge & rear nearside head lining needed a firm push to fully clip down.

^^^^^ BOOOOOM well done @Neilio

source.gif

Talking of loaners, mine is going in next monday for a whole list of fixes that will no doubt take a more than a couple of hours. What's the process of requesting a loaner? No option in the app. Call them up and request in advance?

same - the text message I got from Edinburgh said they’d phone a few days before to confirm - I tried texting the number back that sent the confirmation to me but so far silence :)