Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$7000 US Fed Tax Credit for Cybertruck!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Imagine how pissed everyone who bought this year would feel if they missed out on a rebate. I am not sure that Tesla needs them anymore as they have proven their worth, GM probably blew it by burning thru their EV allotment w/o convincing people that they knew how to make great electric cars. They still have all this legacy baggage and they have to sell cars at full-price starting next quarter. I don't see a great way forward. At least Ford and Fiat still have time to get their engineering up to speed to compete while still getting the federal money. Any way you look at it having legacy automotive support needed is going to make the transition difficult. Almost easier to start a new company like Polestar did that only needs to make electric cars.

Reactions: pilotSteve
That's what he is saying. They would pass the savings on to themselves.

Isn't there some sort of incentive for pickup truck buyers? If you own a business and the truck is >6000lbs you can depreciate it against your earnings?

I'm not an accountant, but the section 177 or 179 accelerated depreciation is phasing out. You won't be able to depreciate 100% of it immediately the way you could before. I think the current limit for vehicles is maybe $11,000. This law has changed a number of times recently, so it could be different again by the time the Cybertruck comes out.