Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

70D - great improvements in quality over my 60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Care to disclose what they gave you for your 60? What year and how many miles? I'd love to trade my 60 for a 70D but I'm afraid I'll take a bath. I have a 2014 with 18K miles. No Supercharging and no tech package. Only options are the pano roof and upgrade paint.

How much did the upgrade cost you?

I decided to take the bath, because with the removal of the 60 from their lineup, and with the advantage of the 70D I expected that the resale values would plummet, and this gives me an excuse to get rid of my Volvo XC60. I tried CARMAX as well (their offer was 61000), but it could have been better it I had tried a bit earlier - the online CPO thing created the baseline.

They gave me 61500 for the trade in on the 2014 S60 (VIN 33145) (this is with a small ding in the driver door and a bit of rim-rash on one of the wheels which they will have to repair) with 18000 miles on the odometer, after seeing what these are going for as CPOs, I am really curious as to what they will sell it for.

I am glad I did it, the new tech is amazing and the AWD handles really well.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm picking mine today (in 1 hour). DANGIT I AM SO EXCITED!

We want pictures! I assume you are picking it up at Rockville, they handled the 70D amazingly well.

Another data point comparing my 2013 S85 to my wife's new S70D (in no particular order):

Better fit and finish
Quieter
Folding mirrors
PDC-park sensors
Autopilot and safety features with improved brakes
Refined instrument cluster bezel (thinner at bottom)
Sharper instrument cluster display
Next-gen front seats way more comfortable (but no kangaroo pocket)
Smaller frunk (...too bad...)
Improved frunk latching
Way better terrestrial radio (AM/FM)
Revised glove box-no cubby for J1772 adapter
Power charge port door
Better floor mats (Velcro--don't slip or flop down)
Better layout of turn signal & cruise control levers and revised shift lever (...there goes the whole muscle memory thing when we swap cars).
Better center console armrest cushioning (..same bad cup holders with guillotine function)
Alcantara headliner way nicer than original fabric
Better fit of headliner at doors (rubber gasket seeks to reliably cover)
Metal Model S sill plates at front doors
Small vent hole front face center console (allegedly for better cabin temp monitoring)
New 'warm white' interior spot lights (from old bright white LED)
Tow hook included insde new revised UMC tote bag

...and likely lots of invisible bits too