Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

70D Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also have a new model S 70D, about two months old. At my home charger, my TRIP setting from my home 14-50 has yielded me between 235-240 miles of "charge". My non-TRIP setting (the usual one) is about 185 miles.
I haven't ventured out out of town much yet, but just thinking about driving between my Montgomery, AL home and Tallahassee, going straight without a supercharger (which would take me well out of the way via Greenville, AL). The trip is listed as 194 miles, mostly on two lane US highways. Would that make anyone overly nervous? There is a convenient 14-50 I have located on PlugShare in case I needed a safety net, but hoping to make it straight to the Tallahassee supercharger Advice?

I typically use the 150% rule mentioned by another. That allows me to drive without compromising speed typically around 75 - 80 MPH. With this rule I would plan a charge along the way for my first trip. Use the trip tools when the NAV is on and see how it goes, Have never gone to zero but have come in to charger or home at 3% a number of times using these tools and have become very comfortable with them.