Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

70D uncorked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VINs are sequential when ordering, not manufacturing, so it isn't exact. I think before 200000 are all old drive unit and after 205000 are all new (model S). But if you are talking about the contactors a year earlier that determine uncorking, I don't think anyone tracks.

I don't want to open a new thread on this so I'll try my luck here. I'm having a hard time finding out if my 75D is uncorked or not.

It's a Facelift 2016 (07/2016 on the door sticker bought recently from Tesla. I know it used to be a 70D (still old badge on) but on delivery it was already unlocked to 75. When I asked about uncorking, the showroom dude said "suure, all these newer ones are uncorked, and proceeded to show me that the screen shows 75". I am 100% sure he had no idea what I was asking.

So far I wasn't able to properly measure some launches but I did try a couple with a regular stopwatch. Cold weather (about 40F), pretty cold battery and about 65% charge, I couldn't get lower than around 4.9 - 5.0 secs to 60mph.
Does this sound like it's still corked or not? I will try on a warmer day too with a higher SOC. Would this make that much of a difference?

Any tips on how to get a clear answer from Tesla? I know there's very little chance of me actually talking to someone but I'm thinking I could schedule an appointment and just write in the app the I'd like to have it uncorked? Would this work?

By the way, the specs on Tesla website when I bought the car were clear: 75D, 4.2 0-60.

Using a stopwatch isn't going to cut it. You'll always wonder.

The service center should be able to tell. The question is how would you know if they really know.

If you do a full pedal run on a high state of charge and record it via the API in an app we can see the slope of the acceleration and know the torque setting. Try PowerTools for iOS or Scan My Tesla for Android.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: cucubits