Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

70D upgrade to 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently upgraded my model 70D to 75D. When I top off during charging, I get only 248 miles and not 259 miles as advertised in Tesla website. Does anyone seen this anomaly? My S is an year old and has 18K miles.

I am not sure this is due to degradation or cell unbalance issue

If your car is a year old you're not going to get the rated range when new. It typically loses a few percent of range in the first year and then less than 1% per year after that. For example my 4 year old 60 started at 208 rated miles and is now at 200. Most of that loss occurred in the first year.

I recently upgraded my model 70D to 75D. When I top off during charging, I get only 248 miles and not 259 miles as advertised in Tesla website. Does anyone seen this anomaly? My S is an year old and has 18K miles.

I upgraded my 70D to 75 at about 11 months with 11k miles and my 100% moved up to 245, just slightly higher than when the car was brand new (and a software limited 70). I think the newer batteries with silicon suffer a bit higher degradation in the first year compared to the old batteries. One of the reasons I upgraded was so that it was possible to balance the battery. With the software limit, there was no way to fully charge the batteries to the point where cell balancing could happen.

Seems within spec. My 2016 S60 with 20k miles originally charged to 210, now hits 200 at "100%".

If your car is a year old you're not going to get the rated range when new. It typically loses a few percent of range in the first year and then less than 1% per year after that. For example my 4 year old 60 started at 208 rated miles and is now at 200. Most of that loss occurred in the first year.

My P85D was 252 out of 253 rated miles after 1 year.