Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

70D vs. 90D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the call, upgraded to the 90D ($15,500) + premium package ($4,500). They waived the change fee ($500) and stated I would expect delivery by mid April. If I kept the 70D I was told I would expect delivery end of summer/early fall.

Congrats. I hope you enjoy the extra range and features! But more than anything, enjoy the summer in the vehicle.

hold on - gmtom - you placed an order on 2/26/16 (i.e. 2 weeks ago) and confirmed 3/5/16 (1 week ago) and then within a week they called you and suggested that you upgrade to a 90D and get delivery in Hawaii before the summer (i.e. in less than 3 months)???

hold on - gmtom - you placed an order on 2/26/16 (i.e. 2 weeks ago) and confirmed 3/5/16 (1 week ago) and then within a week they called you and suggested that you upgrade to a 90D and get delivery in Hawaii before the summer (i.e. in less than 3 months)???

Yes, my 7 day order configuration period ended on Friday, March 4, and I got a call on Monday morning as I was driving into work. The rep told me if I wanted to upgrade to a P90 or 90, I could take delivery "this month." The $15k+ upgrade cost is out of reach for me, but it sure got me thinking.

Yes, my 7 day order configuration period ended on Friday, March 4, and I got a call on Monday morning as I was driving into work. The rep told me if I wanted to upgrade to a P90 or 90, I could take delivery "this month." The $15k+ upgrade cost is out of reach for me, but it sure got me thinking.

This month! I was told April when I upgraded my 70D to a 90D, I am still waiting for the changes to update on MyTesla.

Well thats amazing. I am guessing that means some other guy in Hawaii ordered the exact same car as you, except her ordered a 90 and you ordered a 70, and then some time after initiation of production cancelled. If its this month, i.e. within 3 weeks of when you called them, I gotta believe that thing is already on a ship heading to Hawaii.
Either way, boy would it tempt me. But, I doubt its anything the rest of us can point to as an indication that the order backlog for a X is completely gone.