Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

72A charger no longer shown when 100kWh battery option selected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirming what you see, there's no mention of the charger. What's weirder is I'm pretty sure the price is different (lower). I need to start screen cap'ing pages, <sigh>. A loaded white seat X 100D 7-seater was 123K or something close to that when it showed the 72 Amp charger. At least it was over $120K. Now it says $119. Same for financing (1600 something, was 1730). Definitely a price cut somewhere.

I'm very leery that something that expensive is included and not listed. :(

I recently had the opportunity to confirm with a Tesla OA that the S/X 100D now comes with the 72A onboard charger as standard and it is no longer shown in the website config pages or when you click "Next" on those pages. It is just "included" in his words.

Removing those references to the 72A charger from the website is kind of an odd thing for Tesla to do. It's a nice feature, it should be shown.
It may be part of Tesla's dumbing down of the EVness of the car to make it less intimidating for mainstream buyers, which started with moving the prominent battery meter to a small one in the corner of the IC a few versions ago. Most new buyers don't know the difference between AC and DC, much less two different amperage numbers.

Talked to a Tesla rep today.. seemed technically knowledgeable, since he was the one the others pointed me to for answering this question.

75D does not include 72A high amperage
100D includes 72A high amperage

But you can aftermarket add the 72A high amperage to your 75D for $2K at Tesla Service Centre.

He clarified that when using Superchargers, this is a moot point, since all models charge at same rate. I have access to Superchargers, so if you're like me, the reason for getting a 100D now is not as strong.. since acceleration is also the same.