Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$75.00 for a tire rotation!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do my own because it's easier, cheaper, faster and I don't run the risk of the grease monkeys not properly torquing the lug nuts or not properly jacking up the car.
I do mine as well. I have a summer and winter set so I rotate twice per year or about every 10k miles. In addition to that I do my own yearly brake inspection which I did in late October for the first time and noticed a broken clip spring tab on one of the rear pads. I have a replacement coming next Friday.
Ohio uses a lot of salt in the winter thus why I’m checking/cleaning/lubricating my brakes. Depending where one lives this may be overkill but it’s nice to look for the broken clips on rear pads. Rich Rebuilds has a nice video on model 3 brake maintenance but I also use brushes to evenly apply a film of the lithium/ceramic grease to the clips in addition to the edge of the pad assemblies.
I also wire brushed and put a film of grease over the bolt and nuts holding the rotors on due to a disturbing level of rust on these parts, especially the rears. I regret not taking a picture of how bad it was.

Reactions: cucubits
America Tire (Discount Tire) will rotate your tires for free, tire balance is extra. I've been doing that for one of my cars since I bought it new then eventually bought tires there. Haven't tried it yet for my M3 since I only have 3k miles.

Though my friend goes there all the time for rotations for free on his M3 and he doesn't even provide a jack pad. He did mention he paid around $70 for lifetime balance since he wanted to balance his tires.

No, just pissed the Service Center did not tell me how much the rotation cost when I asked. Then demanded payment by phone days after the rotation.

If they checked you out without charging, nor bothered to pre-authorize chargeable service in the first, I would be tempted to tell them to go and hump a light post.
Or tell them to charge uncle Elon's account.

Having said that, tire rotation is not covered by any warranty of any automaker. If you ever owned a car before, you should know that. Getting bent out of shape for Tesla doing so is a bit childish.

a

Reactions: Jazz3D
No, just pissed the Service Center did not tell me how much the rotation cost when I asked. Then demanded payment by phone days after the rotation.

Sorry to hear that the SC screwed up. When I made a rez to get the tires rotated (and a couple of other small things), I received a text a few days before alerting me to the fee for a tire rotation. If I recall, the charge was $67.50

In the Tesla manual, it says to rotate the tires every 6,250 miles. I just touched 6K, and called my local service center today to see about a tire rotation. They said they can do it, for $75.

Huh? I waited 2 years and spent $50,000, you're seriously going to charge me SEVENTY FIVE BUCKS to rotate the tires.?

I shouldn't be surprised, knowing it is Tesla, but this is outrageous.

I wouldn't want to take it to a normal tire shop, as they won't know the jack points, or probably the lug nut torques.

I could do it myself, but I don't have 2 jacks to use at once. An what about getting the tire pressure sensors reset, to read the correct wheels?
Buy tires at Costco or America tires, get free rotation for the life of the tires.

AWD needs rotation less often

Reactions: Quickstart88
I went to the Austin SC at 12K miles for a rotation - was gonna be like $180 plus $85 to fix a small slow leak from a screw in one tire. The service advisor measured the tread and looked at the leaky tire then told me to skip Tesla rotation advice since I have AWD, and to take the car to Discount Tire for the patch, where it is free.

• Informative
Reactions: DJVoorhees
If they checked you out without charging, nor bothered to pre-authorize chargeable service in the first, I would be tempted to tell them to go and hump a light post.
Or tell them to charge uncle Elon's account.

Having said that, tire rotation is not covered by any warranty of any automaker. If you ever owned a car before, you should know that. Getting bent out of shape for Tesla doing so is a bit childish.

a
If you ever have any type of auto service, you should know an estimated charge is customarily provided before service.

I understand what is covered and not covered under warranty. I would happily pay for tire rotation provided I know how much prior to service. My point is SC did not communicate service fee prior to service. I asked point blank in email with Svc Mgr and asked Mobile Tech before service. I just did not appreciate the pushy collection call days after service demanding my CC for a $96 rotation.

• Disagree
Reactions: SageBrush