Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone notice the new 0-60 times listed in the design center? It now shows 75 at 4.3 seconds and 75D at 4.2 seconds. That's 1.2 seconds less for 75 and 1.0 second less for the 75D. Just curious what changed? New hardware or possibly a software update? Anyhow, very pleased with new numbers!

I hope they release a software update to drop the 5.2/5.5 S75/75D cars a bit for those of us who purchased recently, but doubtful. Part of owning a Tesla I suppose.
I think its just software
From the article:

Since the enhancements include hardware upgrades, those new specs are for new vehicles being built today and not the current fleet.
nooo it cant be dont tell me that i know my 70d can get more power with just software when i upgrade to a 75d

My 75S is scheduled to be produced according to MyTesla, ordered 3 weeks ago. Will my car have the new performance level?
The only one that can answer that question is probably Tesla, ask them and if not you can always consider cancel you order and order a new.

I got delivery of my 75D late last night (ordered thurs collected friday)
Is this right that it will be only for cars ordered from today ? That really hurts if true.
If you order it on Thursday and collected it on Friday it must have been an inventory car wish was produce some time ago. Sadly it most likely means that you didn't got it. Maybe they introduce it in production today wish means that some people that order there cars for some days or weeks ago and still haven't got there cars in to production can get the update as a nice surprise.

The only one that can answer that question is probably Tesla, ask them and if not you can always consider cancel you order and order a new.

If you order it on Thursday and collected it on Friday it must have been an inventory car wish was produce some time ago. Sadly it most likely means that you didn't got it. Maybe they introduce it in production today wish means that some people that order there cars for some days or weeks ago and still haven't got there cars in to production can get the update as a nice surprise.

It was an inventory car . That really hurts as i guess there will be an added drop in depreciation ☹️