Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting.

$100k+ 2012-2014 Tesla Model S P85 - 4.2 seconds
$70k 2017 Tesla Model S 75 - 4.3 seconds

I love progress.
I think the comparison of P85 to new 75D is even better. 75k vs 100k, you only lose 6 miles of range, acceleration is the same and the new one gets you AWD.

It will be interesting to see what the hardware changes were, if module voltage was changed (raised) that could be a hint at M3 module voltages.

Will existing 75s get some of that acceleration boost through a software upgrade?

Without going into details, a Tesla spokesperson confirmed to Electrek that they are rolling out new software and hardware improvements that are enabling those performance enhancements. Tesla introduces new performance enhancements to Model S and Model X

Since the enhancements include hardware upgrades, those new specs are for new vehicles being built today and not the current fleet.

My 75S is scheduled to be produced according to MyTesla, ordered 3 weeks ago. Will my car have the new performance level?

Same here. I ordered 3 weeks ago. Order confirmed 1 week ago and still says it's being scheduled for production.
I'm guessing we will get the new speed increase, however I have noticed another change.

In the configure builder, when you look at the spec it has High Amperage Charger included, whereas my order doesn't mention it. Another standard extra? I'm not sure we will get it.

Also, the configurator no longer lists Premium Centre Console, whereas my order has it.

More typical Tesla changes to irritate their customers, especially right after a EOQ push.
they just screwed people a few months back on the battery pack changes and now performance changes. Smooth move Tesla.

This happens regularly (as you said, "typical"). If people aren't generally aware of the possibility of changes after EOQ pushes, they're not paying attention. Welcome to progress. And I'm guessing people buying now are quite the opposite of irritated.

Reactions: GSP
Same here. I ordered 3 weeks ago. Order confirmed 1 week ago and still says it's being scheduled for production.
I'm guessing we will get the new speed increase, however I have noticed another change.

In the configure builder, when you look at the spec it has High Amperage Charger included, whereas my order doesn't mention it. Another standard extra? I'm not sure we will get it.

Also, the configurator no longer lists Premium Centre Console, whereas my order has it.

The Dutch website does not reflect the changes as you mention wrt console and charger, just the same as before. (console: yes, high Amp charger: no)

This happens regularly (as you said, "typical"). If people aren't generally aware of the possibility of changes after EOQ pushes, they're not paying attention. Welcome to progress. And I'm guessing people buying now are quite the opposite of irritated.

Yes and I'm aware of it. The irritating part is that Tesla says "the only car that gets better with updates" and yet here we are again, another update to performance and it can't be applied to existing fleet just like AP1 to AP2

Reactions: StoXto3toY
Yes and I'm aware of it. The irritating part is that Tesla says "the only car that gets better with updates" and yet here we are again, another update to performance and it can't be applied to existing fleet just like AP1 to AP2

I think in this case it has only been stated that the update contains new HW. Applicability to existing fleet has not been disclosed yet, other than upgrading SW is not enough.