Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. Looks like BOTH the low end torque AND the maximum power have been increased(assuming the data is accurate, and davidwickman's data is representative of an old-75D and turbosimon's data is representative of an uncorked version.

upload_2017-7-31_21-21-5.png

Interesting. Looks like BOTH the low end torque AND the maximum power have been increased(assuming the data is accurate, and davidwickman's data is representative of an old-75D and turbosimon's data is representative of an uncorked version.

View attachment 239016
Wow,,,interesting. What is the max output supposed to be for old-75D? My uncorked 75D is generating over 300 kW yet the dashboard energy gauge is displaying only up to 200 kW. I guess the post 7/1/2017 75D will have the gauge displaying 300 kW + ?

View attachment 239016

That's interesting. I wonder if anyone has the same data for a 90D. It would be interesting to compare the uncorked 75D to the 90D.

Reactions: byeLT4
Performance question.
If a model S75D runs 0-60 in 5.0 seconds with 100% SOC, what would it run with a 75% SOC? Do the 0-60 times go up with less battery percentage? Does battery percentage impact inrush current?

Any luck deciphering eligibility of uncorking without needing to pester a service center repeatedly? Kinda stings that the new Teslas have better performance for less, 5 sec 0-60 is depressing now... but I'd be happy to shell out a little bit more to get better performance without needing to sell and buy another one.

New Model S 75D delivered September 2016.

Reactions: Dan60D and JasJ
@turbosimon , I thought that CSV export looked familiar. Let me know if you want any more data, metrics or information in the export. I'm planning to add a better interface to support viewing downloaded recordings.

Also, the recordings are performed over the internet so latency is a factor, however if the latency is constant throughout the recording it shouldn't impact the accuracy of the results relative to one another.

Also to be transparent, keep in mind the telemetry data's precision is limited to what the APIs are capable of providing, in this case integer values for speed and power which could impact the accuracy of results as no extrapolation or projection is performed. So if your final reading that stops the 0-60 recording is a speed of 65, technically you reached 60 sooner than the recorded timestamp so your 0-60 time is actually faster than reported, if that makes sense. My suggestion is to average multiple runs to dilute all of these factors, or massage the data with a smart projection.

@GaryREM , if you're on Android message me in private, I'm happy to give you a temporary full access code to try out the app in full for free on your actual Tesla vehicle, in this particular case you'd be most interested in the Speed Clocking feature.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: byeLT4
W
@turbosimon , I thought that CSV export looked familiar. Let me know if you want any more data, metrics or information in the export. I'm planning to add a better interface to support viewing downloaded recordings.

Also, the recordings are performed over the internet so latency is a factor, however if the latency is constant throughout the recording it shouldn't impact the accuracy of the results relative to one another.

Also to be transparent, keep in mind the telemetry data's precision is limited to what the APIs are capable of providing, in this case integer values for speed and power which could impact the accuracy of results as no extrapolation or projection is performed. So if your final reading that stops the 0-60 recording is a speed of 65, technically you reached 60 sooner than the recorded timestamp so your 0-60 time is actually faster than reported, if that makes sense. My suggestion is to average multiple runs to dilute all of these factors, or massage the data with a smart projection.

@GaryREM , if you're on Android message me in private, I'm happy to give you a temporary full access code to try out the app in full for free on your actual Tesla vehicle, in this particular case you'd be most interested in the Speed Clocking feature.
Wow, you are the who developed the Dashboard for Tesla App! What is the best way to download the report off of the app? I had to leave the app and find the CSV files in Android folder directory to find the report. Any way to download it from the app directly?

Reactions: SG57