Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Proxlamus
I was told some of the 75's produced before June 17 got the upgraded drive unit hardware so they could field test it before making it standard. This was done without any kind of announcement. So many people who got those cars, even produced back before April, could get the software uncork to get the performance. That does not mean that all 75's can have a software uncork.

• Informative
Reactions: evster
I was told some of the 75's produced before June 17 got the upgraded drive unit hardware so they could field test it before making it standard. This was done without any kind of announcement. So many people who got those cars, even produced back before April, could get the software uncork to get the performance. That does not mean that all 75's can have a software uncork.

Interesting! Wonder if the same field test is going on with the 85kWh-batteries.

I was told by the SC that there will be no software updates for increased performance for any S75 single motor cars manufactured prior to Mid June.
Also I have been told that the single motor cars had the same motor as the S85. If this is the case they should be able to increase the inrush current on the 75 as it has a 350 volt battery pack and the S85 has the 400V. Both S75 and S85 have the same drive unit.

I don't believe for a second that they can't jackup the inrush current, if they wanted to.

Last edited:
I was told by the SC that there will be no software updates for increased performance for any S75 single motor cars manufactured prior to Mid June.
Also I have been told that the single motor cars had the same motor as the S85. If this is the case they should be able to increase the inrush current on the 75 as it has a 350 volt battery pack and the S85 has the 400V. Both S75 and S85 have the same drive unit.

I don't believe for a second that they can't jackup the inrush current, if they wanted to.

If they have provided the update performance for any S75 or S75D models that have the original drive units than they can clearly do it for any of the 75's.

I'm trying to ignore all of this drama but clearly I've failed because I'm responding to posts in this thread!

• Funny
Reactions: Dan60D and Swift
I thought only those with the S75D were getting uncorked with earlier build dates, not those with S75.

Once again, I don't think it's clear who is getting what at this point. I'm not yet convinced anyone with a car built before June-ish got the update let alone talking about 75 vs 75d. I am of course hopeful that it will happen but am not holding my breath. The articles people are quoting seem to be entirely based on the email from Tesla which was pretty vague.

It would make me happy to be wrong.

Once again, I don't think it's clear who is getting what at this point. I'm not yet convinced anyone with a car built before June-ish got the update let alone talking about 75 vs 75d. I am of course hopeful that it will happen but am not holding my breath. The articles people are quoting seem to be entirely based on the email from Tesla which was pretty vague.

It would make me happy to be wrong.
I should be able to report some good news within the coming one to two weeks. I'm getting an inventory vehicle and it's going to be done prior to my delivery.

Reactions: Dan60D