Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I clicked disagree (not dislike by the way). I don't agree that Tesla makes "models", rather, their production changes elements of the car constantly, daily, in a iterative agile cycle more like computer companies do.

Example : My "classic" 85 doesn't have power folding mirrors, those were added on the production line a few months after my very early car was produced. No one would claim my old 85 is the "same model" as a newer 85 with many more features.
your example is about an option/feature, a power folding mirror is an option/feature not a model , I have no issue with options .... for your car the correct example is P85 vs 85 ....to help you understand it... the scenario is that right after you bought your MS 85 Tesla upgraded the performance of all inventory,CPO and new 85 to P85 but left the name the same 85....this is point which I think you totally missed

Reactions: Swift
I have been following this thread with great interest, I took delivery of a MS75D in January.

As the general balance of opinion seems to be that a pure software update would uncork these cars what do we think is the best way to put pressure on Tesla to make the update available (Paid would be fine)?

I have messaged them via their online form.

I have been following this thread with great interest, I took delivery of a MS75D in January.

As the general balance of opinion seems to be that a pure software update would uncork these cars what do we think is the best way to put pressure on Tesla to make the update available (Paid would be fine)?

I have messaged them via their online form.

I am pressing my local svc. I'd suggest doing that as well.

Reactions: Swift and Dan60D
scenario is that right after you bought your MS 85 Tesla upgraded the performance of all inventory,CPO and new 85 to P85 but left the name the same 85

And yet I would have got exactly what I paid for on the original transaction. I wouldn't complain. If I wanted P85 performance, I had that option, and for me, the extra $10K wasn't worth it at that time. Satisfaction with my car is not based on any future changes that are made to the product line.

It's a couple page back...2017 MS 75D April 2017, VIN 194XXX. Took delivery a week ago. Evidence that it is strictly a software since my car has the old drive unit.
If this is true
I did a run with my 2016 Jun built 60 -> 75 at 61% SoC and these are my numbers:

Power: 285 kW
0-60: 5.2s

I thought that my car was not available for uncorking and therefore is stock, but then why am I getting 40kW more power than what others state (245kW)?

According to the spec 60D run 5.2sec not the regular model.

• Informative
Reactions: gabeincal
And yet I would have got exactly what I paid for on the original transaction. I wouldn't complain. If I wanted P85 performance, I had that option, and for me, the extra $10K wasn't worth it at that time. Satisfaction with my car is not based on any future changes that are made to the product line.
when you selected your S 85 was the S P85 available for purchase with its performance specs disclosed ? if the answer to this is yes then you are still missing my point and all the other owners on this post who have a reasonable complaint

Since my vehicle is back from service and I had a pleasant chat with the service mechanic who worked on my car. Here are the following things I gathered:
1)Uncorked and corked are actually words they're familiar with. I didn't even need to described them and he knew what I was saying.
2)Tesla corporate decides which vehicles are eligible. They do not know what makes each car eligible for uncork. Possibly they're instructed not to say. That would match what Krash was told, especially regarding static lists.
3)The service guy didn't divulge specific information but it appears to me that it is only software related with minimal hardware at most. I got that from him saying he will take a look into the service computer to see whether I was eligible for uncork and if I was they would do it.
4)It appears to me that they're instructed by corporate not to elaborate on it much due to their knowledge about it but not talking into specifics.
5)And unfortunately, I didn't qualify for uncorking.(May build late June delivery)

#4 bothers me quite a bit as it screams that Tesla probably is trying to hide something to damage control.

Again missing the point. If Tesla is updating CPO cars as far back as 2016 (as the evidence seems to indicate), current owners of the same cars are going to have a natural interest in that. It’s human nature.

Tesla should make that available for a fee. Heck if they don’t want people to do it, they can make the fee high. But they’re not doing that because they want new car sales.

What will be funny, is when one of the many people here interested in the upgraded performance trades their car for a newer model and their old car then gets upgraded as a CPO vehicle.

Reactions: croman
Just had chance to get my car with power tools.

UK spec, 75D build date 6/19 (apparently although I have no actual evidence of this date).

85kwh sticker (BTX8 spec code). DU00 code.

0-61mph - 4.3secs (slight uphill) and max bhp of 482. SoC 41%.

I have the data sheet but it doesn't tell you much more than that.