Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure, but someone timing it with a stopwatch or frames of a video? Hmm, not exactly scientific.

Better than nothing and we don't really need to know if it's 4.3, or 4.6 seconds. The only thing I want to see is if it's less than 5 seconds and how high the power meter goes. Then we could solve the problem, if every one of the increased power 75s is an 85, or not.

Just had a ranger out to fix a small issue. Naturally I asked about the enhanced performance. He told me he checked my codes and my model 75D with vin 186xxx was flagged for performance "uncorking".

Anyone else heard this or can ask their SC to see if this is on their codes, as I have no clue wether this is true or not....

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Just had a ranger out to fix a small issue. Naturally I asked about the enhanced performance. He told me he checked my codes and my model 75D with vin 186xxx was flagged for performance "uncorking".

Anyone else heard this or can ask their SC to see if this is on their codes, as I have no clue wether this is true or not....

And when he said uncorking, did you naturally ask what that meant, or the discussion stopped there?

S or X?

Reactions: Karlton770

I have heard the same terminology used when I asked a SC in Houston. They looked at my codes and said mine wasn't flagged for "uncorking". Not sure if he meant not flagged period or just not yet flagged. Vin 203xxx. Delivered at the end of June.

Picture

Attachments

• IMG_2670.PNG
    IMG_2670.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 126
Just dropped off my 75D (build date 6/21/2017 and VIN 205xxx) at Tesla Service. They will be updating ("uncorking" ) my Firmware (which is not available OTA) for the enhanced performance. Let's see what happens.

I picked up my Model S 75D yesterday (UK inventory so unlikely to have been built after 1 July - how do I confirm this?) and was called back by Tesla Service centre today requesting that I drop my car off as they have missed applying a firmware update to 'uncork the performance'. I don't have a huge amount of experience of the performance before upgrade but it definately felt swifter on the way back home.

Firmware version showing as 2017.28 c528869

Seriously? How did you arrange that? Did they contact you about being able to do this?

I called Tesla when the enhanced performance was announced and Tesla told me I already have the required hardware and will be getting a SW update near future. When I brought in my 75D this morning for an interior problem, the Tech guy tells me there is an Firmware update for Uncorking the performance and I will get it today. I will post the result when I pick up my car.

I picked up my Model S 75D yesterday (UK inventory so unlikely to have been built after 1 July - how do I confirm this?) and was called back by Tesla Service centre today requesting that I drop my car off as they have missed applying a firmware update to 'uncork the performance'. I don't have a huge amount of experience of the performance before upgrade but it definately felt swifter on the way back home.

Firmware version showing as 2017.28 c528869

That is the firmware already out. This uncorking could be unrelated to firmware like when my 60D was unlocked to 75D -- it was sent OTA but didn't update the firmware. It updated the car's internal system.