Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Used PowerTools for Tesla for a run 0 - 100 (99) one time for my S75D with 85 KW battery - the time is 4,5 second. I think this is because of the 85 kw / 400V battery , and no upgraded drive unit , but dont know...

MAX power 469 HP..... :)

The time is good though :)View attachment 243023

My 75D produced in mid June, delivered at Barcelona in August, with new drive unit (DU00) and 85kWh/400V battery (BXT8), does 0-100 in 5.2 seconds, mesured with PowerTools for tesla. Max power 395hp. Current software version 2017.28 c528869

IMG_9442.PNG

My 75D produced in mid June, delivered at Barcelona in August, with new drive unit (DU00) and 85kWh/400V battery (BXT8), does 0-100 in 5.2 seconds, measured with PowerTools for tesla. Max power 395hp. Current software version 2017.28 c528869
I don't think your car has been uncorked. Have you asked? Please save the raw powertools file as we already have...

MANY - old drive unit and old BTX5 battery
@rsan - old drive unit and old BTX5 battery "uncorked"
rmr friend - old drive units and new BTX8 battery
@rmr - old drive unit and new BTX8 battery "uncorked"
me - new drive unit and old BTX5 battery
SEVERAL - new drive unit and old BTX5 battery "uncorked"
SEVERAL - new drive unit and new BTX8 battery
you - new drive unit and new BTX8 battery "uncorked maybe"

and I would like to get them on a graph next to the other model and battery comparisons.

Last edited:
I don't think your car has been uncorked. Have you asked? Please save the raw powertools file as we already have...

MANY - old drive unit and old BTX5 battery
@rsan - old drive unit and old BTX5 battery "uncorked"
rmr friend - old drive units and new BTX8 battery
@rmr - old drive unit and new BTX8 battery "uncorked"
me - new drive unit and old BTX5 battery
SEVERAL - new drive unit and old BTX5 battery "uncorked"

and I would like to get them on a graph next to the other model and battery comparisons.

Tesla only told me that my car has the new software and perfomance upgrades...

The csv raw file: Dropbox - RunLog 20170816 172858.csv

Can you sustain the bolded statement with a reference? AFAIK, the only thing we have to that end is a statement by wk that the smaller DUs are capable of exceeding their maximum rated power draw. But just because they can do this does not mean that they won't suffer accelerated wear, increased risk of failure, etc. over the long run.

My Drive unit was the old one, and my battery is only 75KW.
However I get the result of 0-60mph of approx 4.5s

Can you sustain the bolded statement with a reference? AFAIK, the only thing we have to that end is a statement by wk that the smaller DUs are capable of exceeding their maximum rated power draw. But just because they can do this does not mean that they won't suffer accelerated wear, increased risk of failure, etc. over the long run.
75 DU is the same part that 90/100D models are using and they can accelerate 4.2 s 0-60 with no problem. 75 is restricted by peak current draw from the pack.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
I took delivery of my car July 17th, but was ordered late April. They said they can upgrade my performance but need me to bring it in. I have an appointment this Saturday at the service center. They said it was a firmware update and would take an hour to complete and an engineer needs to stay with the car during to update to prevent it from going into sleep mode during the upgrade.

I took delivery of my car July 17th, but was ordered late April. They said they can upgrade my performance but need me to bring it in. I have an appointment this Saturday at the service center. They said it was a firmware update and would take an hour to complete and an engineer needs to stay with the car during to update to prevent it from going into sleep mode during the upgrade.
Want to help us out? Here are some things you could do:
  1. Find out the manufacture date of your vehicle. Most Tesla folks can look it up.
  2. Run iOS Powertools before you get uncorked, do a couple 0-60 runs on it to make sure you get a good one. Be aware you have to have cell coverage where you run.
  3. Get your car uncorked and run the test again.
  4. Post here or send me your before and after log files so I can put them in a graph for the forum.

75 DU is the same part that 90/100D models are using and they can accelerate 4.2 s 0-60 with no problem. 75 is restricted by peak current draw from the pack.
I don't think the peak current draw limits performance. I think the 350W pack can output more than the inverter is governed. Even the 400W 75s in Europe have to go into the service center to get uncorked.

Bonus points for you if you can keep the technician talking to you while the update is going on and verify that they aren't updating any fuses or otherwise installing any hardware. Bring a box of donuts and send me the bill.

Why does anyone think they say "an engineer needs to stay with the car during to update to prevent it from going into sleep mode"? It's almost like they want you to know that there is no hardware involved. It isn't like the engineer usually comes out and visits with you in the lobby intermittently while they are working on your car.

Last edited:

Very interesting. I ordered 4/29 and took delivery 6/11. VIN 1991xx

Very interesting. I ordered 4/29 and took delivery 6/11. VIN 1991xx
You probably don't have the new drive unit. I think you'll fall into the same policies for uncorking as we have in the US. I think it looks like this...
  1. DU00 cars produced recently and sold recently - factory uncorked
  2. DU00 cars produced after 19 June and sold recently - uncorked before delivery
  3. DU00 cars produced after 19 June and sold after 1 July - on the current uncorking list
  4. Cars outside North America delivered after 1 July, regardless of drive unit - some known to be delivered uncorked
  5. New drive unit cars in inventory to be resold as newer performance cars - likely uncorked before delivery
  6. Old drive unit cars in inventory to be resold as newer performance cars - rumored to be uncorked
  7. DU00 cars produced before 19 June
  8. Old drive unit cars already sold as inventory after July 1 but before they were uncorked
  9. Old drive unit AP2 cars produced before 15 June and sold before 1 July
  10. Old drive unit AP1 cars
  11. CPO vehicles
...and that you fall into category 8

You probably don't have the new drive unit. I think you'll fall into the same policies for uncorking as we have in the US. I think it looks like this...
  1. DU00 cars produced recently and sold recently - factory uncorked
  2. DU00 cars produced after 19 June and sold recently - uncorked before delivery
  3. DU00 cars produced after 19 June and sold after 1 July - on the current uncorking list
  4. Cars outside North America delivered after 1 July, regardless of drive unit - some known to be delivered uncorked
  5. New drive unit cars in inventory to be resold as newer performance cars - likely uncorked before delivery
  6. Old drive unit cars in inventory to be resold as newer performance cars - rumored to be uncorked
  7. DU00 cars produced before 19 June
  8. Old drive unit cars already sold as inventory after July 1 but before they were uncorked
  9. Old drive unit AP2 cars produced before 15 June and sold before 1 July
  10. Old drive unit AP1 cars
  11. CPO vehicles
...and that you fall into category 8
Man, you're all over this @Krash

@Krash Yes, thanks, this is great analysis. I was having trouble to distill. I'm actually in category 9. I verified that I do not have DU00 option code.

So what's the current best guess on the result for each of these categories?
Category 6 is just rumors. I am in category 7. I would give odds of 25% likely free before year end and if not 25% likely paid option within 12 months for your April 30 ordered and mid June delivered car, off the cuff.

My Drive unit was the old one, and my battery is only 75KW.
However I get the result of 0-60mph of approx 4.5s

So which cars, then, are not compatible with the perf boost? If we are saying that the new DU is not needed then this would imply that 85 kWh dual motors and single motor models would be compatible too.

So which cars, then, are not compatible with the perf boost? If we are saying that the new DU is not needed then this would imply that 85 kWh dual motors and single motor models would be compatible too.
Tesla has not announced any uncorking for any type of 85s (other than the very new BTX8 85s) but engineering could design any unlocks they want. My understanding of the 85 and 85D is that they are already near their performance limits. If the uncorking is primarily for positioning of the 75 relative to the Model 3, it wouldn't be on Tesla's radar.