Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Case closed for me at this point:confused: .....as much as would like the improved performance ....I am finding that current performance on my MS 75 blows away any ICE I have ever owned ... if an upgrade comes available for those of MS/X 75kwh owners in the impacted production period it would be great .... however, I would say just enjoy your vehicle it is still one of the best on the planet !!!

I realize it really feels bad for those whose cars were produced from 6/1-6/18 but this is the down side of continuous upgrades, sometimes you miss some good ones by a couple of days.....suck it up and move on.....

BTW as an aside I drove my son back to college today in our 4 Runner ....I have not driven it for any distance since I got my MS 75 in May....wow it felt like a junk mobile , braking felt unsafe, was hitting curves way too fast , it felt like going back to a flip phone after an iphone ... I think I am done with ICE vehicles ;)

and how could i forget this one ... i had to fill up that beast of a 4 runner 8 cylinder gas guzzler.... my first trip to a gas station in 3 months .... i can say without a doubt that i don't miss it :D

Last edited:
Failed! I failed that is...I downloaded the power tools for tesla app (I'm hoping that's the right one). Was 7 bucks but I can't login...maybe because I'm still too new. My tesla app also doesn't work yet. Did another run, I'm guessing I did out the pedal all the way down...it was like 45mph and the gauge at that point was 250 maybe a little more. Definitely less than 300. Or it could mean i didn't get the performance like they said I would.

Reactions: Dan60D
3.0 Sec 0-100km in my 75D using power tools!

Total glitch in the Matrix and must have crossed the space time continuum.

Had some fun with a 0-100km time run and came up as below. It's totally wrong of course so don't know what went wrong. ..........normal run is 5.2 sec.

IMG_6738.PNG

• Funny
Reactions: Anssi
Tesla Norway claims that the specs on their website are wrong regarding the white 75S I earlier showed. It should have been 5.8 sec 0-100km/h and not 4.6 like it currently says. I guess it supports the theory that its a all some sort of automatic generated web mistake. I will try to check out some more cars here in Norway to see if they all tell the same story.

i do not have any proof of that. If someone can provide proof I would go back at him ....production date, speed tools results, etc. not BS
I have proof, My production date (compliance/Build date) is 22 May. Completion of production date is 7 of Jun or earlier (that is the date I received email to inform me of my expected delivery date in 6 weeks as it need to be on the boat from US to Australia).
My drive unit is the old one and my battery is 350V.
So somehow this must be software updated, or perhaps the limiting is lifted as how Tesla has recently lifted Perer the software limiting for all the Performance vehicle PxxD series (P85D, P90D and P100D)

I think this is an initial test that Tesla is doing to ensure there is no significant deterioration in the battery or powertrain before they roll this out on a massive scale, just be patient and wait for a few more weeks or month. My 2 cent.
Being in Australia and with lower number of vehicle delivery, it is always a good way to test this out without having too much risk into recall or retrofitting in case something is not right or not as expected. So I might be the guiena pig for this improve acceleration Beta program @GaryREM

Wishing everybody the best...I think Tesla is going to do something right, I have strong belief in the company will eventually make it clear in the due time.
Wait until the mass roll out of Model 3 in October, my guess...

Good luck

If it isn't just a software update and there are some fuses involved we still don't know that after the inventory upgrades. In fact today is @rsan's one month anniversary of verifying this. I have been trying to figure out what to get rsan to celebrate by reading this.
Hi Krash, thank you for your continuos support and I learn a lot. In fact after your request, I re run the Powertools and actually get a better result of 0/60mph at 4.0s which is 0.2s better than what was on Tesla website

Attachments

• rsan Powertools.png
    rsan Powertools.png
    72 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: Swift
Case closed for me at this point:confused: .....as much as would like the improved performance ....I am finding that current performance on my MS 75 blows away any ICE I have ever owned ... if an upgrade comes available for those of MS/X 75kwh owners in the impacted production period it would be great .... however, I would say just enjoy your vehicle it is still one of the best on the planet !!!

I realize it really feels bad for those whose cars were produced from 6/1-6/18 but this is the down side of continuous upgrades, sometimes you miss some good ones by a couple of days.....suck it up and move on.....

BTW as an aside I drove my son back to college today in our 4 Runner ....I have not driven it for any distance since I got my MS 75 in May....wow it felt like a junk mobile , braking felt unsafe, was hitting curves way too fast , it felt like going back to a flip phone after an iphone ... I think I am done with ICE vehicles ;)

and how could i forget this one ... i had to fill up that beast of a 4 runner 8 cylinder gas guzzler.... my first trip to a gas station in 3 months .... i can say without a doubt that i don't miss it :D

My feelings exactly. My now "ancient" 2016 AP1 MS75 w/18500 mi still blows me away every time I sit in that car. In it's current state it will still be way ahead of anything else out there for many years.

Reactions: Mickie
rsan: As Bullet1 just posted a 3.0 sec run with a new 75D, wouldn't you agree that Powertools does not seem trustworthy? Or it really just shows that the comparison you and he did actually confirms a 1 seconds difference between new and old cars?
My run was definite error but notice the Max Kw rating by comparison Rsan vs mine. 357kw vs my 276kw so Rsan's has a power upgrade. My car consistently runs around 275kw max over the past year.

• Informative
Reactions: apacheguy and Swift
rsan: As Bullet1 just posted a 3.0 sec run with a new 75D, wouldn't you agree that Powertools does not seem trustworthy? Or it really just shows that the comparison you and he did actually confirms a 1 seconds difference between new and old cars?
@rsan has a rare, uncorked early, fast car and has been willing to consistently log the times for us. So far we have three outside US contributors timing uncorked pre drive unit change runlogs for us, including some from Norway.

I don't even have a Bluetooth LE TM-Spy logging setup yet and even if I did there would be someone who says that because the car contributes that data I need a third party GPS device. And then there will be those that require an dynamometer. And then there will be those that argue about biases in dynamometers. You are correct that you can't rely on one PowerTools runlog. But the growing body of data all leans toward the cars being easily upgradable.

@Bullet1 has a bunch of successful runs and jokes about the one bad one, which I thought was funny.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited:
It sounds like Tesla is adding the performance upgrade to inventory cars in order to sell them faster. My car entered production on 14-21June and was delivered 26June. I was informed my car wasn't flagged for uncorking nor did it have the new hardware. It's been proven that you don't need new DU to get a performance upgrade. My hope is that after 3rd qtr rush to sell inventory models, Tesla will over this performance upgrade to all owners.

For comparison, attached is my run with a July 2017 build RWD Model S. I have the DU01 drive unit and a 75kw battery (not 85). It's 0-61 for some reason so 4.8 seconds, but the max power of 315 kw is interesting to compare to the 357kw folks are seeing with the AWD version. I need to try a few more runs with a full battery and a cleaner surface to see if my time comes down, but I'm sure the 315kw max will not change. Does anyone know offhand the peek power of the prior generation RWD drive unit?

Attachments

• IMG_2318.PNG
    IMG_2318.PNG
    105.8 KB · Views: 57