Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received an update from my SC! They were able to work with the engineers at Tesla and UNCORK! Hallelujah!

Just to give you all the background, I bought a Feb build 75D inventory car that was delivered on July 5th. I am thinking the delivery date drives this whole debacle. I should have my car back around 3pm this afternoon, as soon as I get it i will verify and post the PowerTools run log.

godspeed.
congrats.... this is consistent with what the SC told me ......but is is proof the earlier 75/75D builds can be uncorked ...

congrats.... this is consistent with what the SC told me ......but is is proof the earlier 75/75D builds can be uncorked ...
It seems pretty clear the 75D can be uncorked. I'm not sure we've seen a case for a 75 getting the performance increase firmware update (with the exception of a handful inventory/used showing 4.4 on the website).

It seems that they changed the text for inventory/used S75/75D on the website to show 5.4 zero to 60 currently, which doesn't make sense since they were 5.2 for S75D and 5.5 for S75 before the performance increase.

It seems pretty clear the 75D can be uncorked. I'm not sure we've seen a case for a 75 getting the performance increase firmware update (with the exception of a handful inventory/used showing 4.4 on the website).

It seems that they changed the text for inventory/used S75/75D on the website to show 5.4 zero to 60 currently, which doesn't make sense since they were 5.2 for S75D and 5.5 for S75 before the performance increase.
must be a typo....S75D is 0-100km/hr is 5.4.....i believe it should be 5.2 0-60mph

Everything I've seen is hinging on 1 July 2017. Regardless of the manufacture date, if the car was delivered on or after 1 July, you are likely eligible for the performance upgrade. If your car was delivered on 30 June or earlier, it is currently not an option. This was the last word that I got back from my phone call with Tesla corporate last week-ish.

They may change the policy at a later date, but until then, that is the only date that seems to matter at the moment.

Disclaimer: I may be horribly wrong, but from the information I've been given from Tesla (from various sources), this seems the most accurate at the time of this writing.

-DJ

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Everything I've seen is hinging on 1 July 2017. Regardless of the manufacture date, if the car was delivered on or after 1 July, you are likely eligible for the performance upgrade. If your car was delivered on 30 June or earlier, it is currently not an option. This was the last word that I got back from my phone call with Tesla corporate last week-ish.

They may change the policy at a later date, but until then, that is the only date that seems to matter at the moment.

Disclaimer: I may be horribly wrong, but from the information I've been given from Tesla (from various sources), this seems the most accurate at the time of this writing.

-DJ
Seems like some very accurate info.....July 1 is the date....cant wait to hear from warrenbecker to determine what was done (hardware and/or software)?

Hi All - Sorry for the delay in giving an update. I can now confirm my car has been uncorked. 0-60 in 4.2 seconds with a max KW output of 337KW (pre-uncorking was 280). All i can say is holy $@#% what a difference.

From what i am being told it is a software only firmware update, no hardware involved.

See below run log from power tools and for @rsan the Log File.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Again - I believe regardless of build date, if your a July 1 or later delivery you should be eligible as i have been told a number of times my car was "flagged for uncorking"

Here's to hoping more of you are eligible.

Hi All - Sorry for the delay in giving an update. I can now confirm my car has been uncorked. 0-60 in 4.2 seconds with a max KW output of 337KW (pre-uncorking was 280). All i can say is holy $@#% what a difference.

From what i am being told it is a software only firmware update, no hardware involved.

View attachment 249988

View attachment 249990

Again - I believe regardless of build date, if your a July 1 or later delivery you should be eligible as i have been told a number of times my car was "flagged for uncorking"

Congrats!! Thats good news!...What was your VIN? thanks

Reactions: croman

Can you confirm where you heard it was software only?

If this is the case (which I think everyone suspects it is now), this is very frustrating to all 75D owners.

Reactions: croman and Swift

View attachment 249988

View attachment 249990

Excellent! Thanks for the follow-up. Enjoy and pray for us lol

The fact that we're now hearing that inventory models don't show 4.4 anymore is not a great sign (didn't look myself). I wonder if they're gonna do selective uncorking again mid to late q4 again for sales and not release it to the masses. Blah

Yeah I don’t understand the changes. If these NI cars have the new drive unit and then now they show over 5 sec 0-60. When the design studio is showing 4.2.

Super confused.