Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In August, when they announced this upgrade, I did some research in Europe. The following was the case:
- all 75D's used inventory in Europe (via ev-cpo) were quicker (4.4s) / lowest VIN available at that time: 134xxx
- all 75's used inventory in Europe (via ev-cpo) were quicker (4.4s) / lowest VIN available at that time:153xxx

Interesting why the higher number are not eligible.

Reactions: MIT_S60
That could be based on the old info they still use. Apparently not all Tesla staff is up to speed with the latest news...
The service fellow that took my call looked up my car, and stated it didn't qualify. He didn't seem confused or unaware of the uncorked option, but. It's possible his database is old- but I have a hard time believing all the information is pulled from a central source. My car was purchased as a 75d (i.e.- I didn't upgrade from a 60), so- it's not clear what constitutes the cut off point.

Ok- I stand corrected. I just called the Tyson Corner Tesla, VA -(703) 749-1203 (I'm in Bellevue, WA, for gosh sake), and the service guy said that my car is eligible to be uncorked. Either he's making a lot of folks really happy (and then sad) or the information really isn't consistent across service centers. The one I originally called was the Bellevue, WA service center.

OK- if it's true- I'm happy camper... and my wife is now rolling her eyes at me... :rolleyes:

Ok- I stand corrected. I just called the Tyson Corner Tesla, VA -(703) 749-1203 (I'm in Bellevue, WA, for gosh sake), and the service guy said that my car is eligible to be uncorked. Either he's making a lot of folks really happy (and then sad) or the information really isn't consistent across service centers. The one I originally called was the Bellevue, WA service center.

OK- if it's true- I'm happy camper... and my wife is now rolling her eyes at me... :rolleyes:
So: Sept 2016, VIN #157xxx: Eligible. That looks promising for my 143xxx :)

• Disagree
Reactions: avesraggiana