Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I upgraded to the 75D yesterday around noon. Today I called to make an appointment to have it uncorked. They told me there was no bulletin for the uncorking for my car. Do I just have to wait until it goes to the service center's system before they see it?

I've only seen one 75D with a NO on the tracker and it was updated the day prior to asking too.

I did this and waited 4 days before calling the SvC to schedule an appointment. When I called the SvC, the person asked me when I upgraded. I said 4 days ago. She said "That should be long enough to update the list". After some nervous "let me put you on hold while I check your VIN" minutes, she came back and talked to me about the schedule day/time.

So while you might get an answer right away, I might suggest waiting 3 or 4 days just to avoid an initial "no" response. But of course even if you get a "no" response initially because they hadn't updated their "This is not a 75D" VIN check yet...then just wait another day or two and try again (at the same or different SvC).

Does uncorking increase the max regen power also? That would be awesome.

No, don’t think so.

While I agree that more regen would be awesome, it definitely would put more stress on some components (see wk057’s mods), and also would be worse for our brakes (counter intuitive, but biggest problems with tesla brakes are due to lack of use that cars without regen don’t have (parts seizing/rusting/etc)). Low regen is actually better for brakes long term! (More of wear, but more regular use means the rest of the system will last longer!)

That actually would be a great update to add. I kind of wish regen would completely stop the car. It sort of stops at like 2mph and the car keeps rolling.
So there is a reason for that. Our motors do not use permanent magnets. They use a magnetic field created by electricity to move or regen. Because of this it actually uses a bit of energy to create the magnetic field to regenerate the needed energy and slow down the car. This is why the stoping force declines as the car slows down because you start to regenerate less and less so a smaller magnetic field is used to still make it worth regen. Up till a point (like you said about 2mph) where the energy it would take to come to a complete stop would be more than what it would capture. At which point physical brakes is more energy efficient. I am sure someone can probably explain it better. It makes sense in my head but hard for me to put in to words.

• Informative
Reactions: Bebop and Mickie
No, don’t think so.

While I agree that more regen would be awesome, it definitely would put more stress on some components (see wk057’s mods), and also would be worse for our brakes (counter intuitive, but biggest problems with tesla brakes are due to lack of use that cars without regen don’t have (parts seizing/rusting/etc)). Low regen is actually better for brakes long term! (More of wear, but more regular use means the rest of the system will last longer!)
I never actually thought about that. It is true though. Due to their minimal use, sometimes when I apply the brakes I have to knock off the rust at first to get them to work optimally. (they slip pretty bad with the rust) As well as they are always cold, most brakes work better warm.

Was uncorked today at Tesla Brisbane.....was 70D upgraded to 75D some time back, June 2016 build VIN 132###.

Ran power tools and putting out 335kw (used to be 273kw.) Can't get accurate 0-100km(62.5mph) yet as the phone now keeps flying around.

So good of Tesla to upgrade our cars for free...... Best car and car company ever!

Reactions: Jeff2332
Was uncorked today at Tesla Brisbane.....was 70D upgraded to 75D some time back, June 2016 build VIN 132###.

Ran power tools and putting out 335kw (used to be 273kw.) Can't get accurate 0-100km(62.5mph) yet as the phone now keeps flying around.

So good of Tesla to upgrade our cars for free...... Best car and car company ever!

Good to hear you've upgraded. We're you previously told your car wasn't eligible? I'm asking to try and get a handle on whether Tesla are now rolling out the upgrade outside of the USA. Seems to be a blanket "no" in the UK so far.

In your MyTesla, does it states it's a 70D or a 75D? Mine was upgraded 2 months ago, still shows as 70D...

I got a new one! Went to my SC for uncorking yesterday afternoon after making the appointment last week following the news from Fremont that my car’s eligible. Tech comes out an hour or so later after also patching my tire and informs me that, “Sorry! Your car is ineligible for uncorking. Blah blah blah only cars post July 1st blah blah...”

At that point I was agitated. I stated my surprise in all the misknowledge and bad information going on in the SC. I then showed the email from Fremont confirming my eligibility. He showed the email to the tech, who said it’s physically impossible for him to perform the procedure without Fremont making a bulletin of it for the car.

Only thing I can think of is my car hasn’t updated in their system since unlocking 75. In this day and age, that should be automatic and immediate. Nevertheless, was a waste of time on Halloween. They really need to get their act together on this thing... I was atleast given a loaner until they can contact Fremont and get everything straightened out. More to come…

I got a new one! Went to my SC for uncorking yesterday afternoon after making the appointment last week following the news from Fremont that my car’s eligible. Tech comes out an hour or so later after also patching my tire and informs me that, “Sorry! Your car is ineligible for uncorking. Blah blah blah only cars post July 1st blah blah...”

At that point I was agitated. I stated my surprise in all the misknowledge and bad information going on in the SC. I then showed the email from Fremont confirming my eligibility. He showed the email to the tech, who said it’s physically impossible for him to perform the procedure without Fremont making a bulletin of it for the car.

Only thing I can think of is my car hasn’t updated in their system since unlocking 75. In this day and age, that should be automatic and immediate. Nevertheless, was a waste of time on Halloween. They really need to get their act together on this thing... I was atleast given a loaner until they can contact Fremont and get everything straightened out. More to come…

That is a new one. Was it a tesla loaner? Maybe its principle, but I am 3 hours away from SC - so I am insisting on a Tesla loaner. I have issues that are not resolved from delivery over a year ago.

3 weeks so far with no tesla loaners when I call morning of appointment.

Overly dramatic? Maybe.. but I'll just wait it out.

That is a new one. Was it a tesla loaner? Maybe its principle, but I am 3 hours away from SC - so I am insisting on a Tesla loaner. I have issues that are not resolved from delivery over a year ago.

3 weeks so far with no tesla loaners when I call morning of appointment.

Overly dramatic? Maybe.. but I'll just wait it out.
Yeah, 100D with a few hundred miles on the clock.

Reactions: appleguru
It's that above and beyond service Tesla provides. They come to you! You should definitely notice a difference. I you don't bring it back in or give them a call. They can check remotely.

I guess so... seemed odd to me since I am so close to the service center. I think the issue was I requested a loaner if they wanted the care more than an hour.

Seems faster testing this morning. I'll need to get a timer on it to know for sure.