Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
they don't have a roll out plan ? they just decided this on a whim ???
Knowing Elon Musk? Probably lol. Remember the Idling fees? Twitter impulse decision. I mean I doubt it was that fast and I am sure they knew it was possible but who knows, could of came in to work one day and went "hey engineers, find out would happen if we unlocked some of the power on these cars, I wanna make them faster" two weeks later got a report and said "make it happen!" lol.

I wonder if many of us 75RWDs tweeted Elon...
I know you are escalating, which is the right thing to do if you run out of patience, but for others - tweeting Elon or Jon does the rest of us and future Tesla owners a big disservice.

I would like all the new drive unit cars to eventually get Uncorking 2 in 2019 when Tesla needs to bring up the specs of its then inventory to close the gap before Roadster 2 is released.

I can imagine this getting pitched by the new kid in staff meeting and having Jon's team say "maybe you don't remember what a pain that was in 2017".

I know you are escalating, which is the right thing to do if you run out of patience, but for others - tweeting Elon or Jon does the rest of us and future Tesla owners a big disservice.

I would like all the new drive unit cars to eventually get Uncorking 2 in 2019 when Tesla needs to bring up the specs of its then inventory to close the gap before Roadster 2 is released.

I can imagine this getting pitched by the new kid in staff meeting and having Jon's team say "maybe you don't remember what a pain that was in 2017".
I personally doubt they will do an uncorking 2.0 on this drive unit platform; increased performance is a key differentiator between major generation refreshes, and while I know Tesla doesn't follow industry norms, I still don't think they will keep pushing the old ones hard. Maybe because there is some new DU00 difference they may have some more power, but I doubt it because we haven't heard actual numbers. Having said that, the 100D is already pushed nearly to the max in terms of torque (if the performance metrics survey torque numbers are right and using WK507's website for stock reference), so it may be harder. What they could do, though, is ramp up power much faster.

easy to say for you , you got uncorked.

would you post the same message if all your uncorking requests where denied ?

Reactions: Foxyboy
...would you post the same message if all your uncorking requests where denied ?
I missed the first uncorking date by two days. You probably didn't see my signature get updated every week from "uncorking denied" to "nine unsuccessful uncorking requests". I was a strong defender of Tesla and the fact that they don't have to uncork our cars. So yeah, I did "post the same message" several dozen times.

If I were Tesla leadership and someone tweeted me to complain about not uncorking their cars, not only would I not uncork their cars, so as to not set a precedent for rewarding bad behavior, but it would be tempting in the future to not go out of my way to do awesome things for tens of thousands of current customers if I knew that some customers would make life difficult for me if I did.

I missed the first uncorking date by two days. You probably didn't see my signature get updated every week from "uncorking denied" to "nine unsuccessful uncorking requests". I was a strong defender of Tesla and the fact that they don't have to uncork our cars. So yeah, I did "post the same message" several dozen times.

If I were Tesla leadership and someone tweeted me to complain about not uncorking their cars, not only would I not uncork their cars, so as to not set a precedent for rewarding bad behavior, but it would be tempting in the future to not go out of my way to do awesome things for tens of thousands of current customers if I knew that some customers would make life difficult for me if I did.
It would also probably help for Tesla to be a bit transparent as to who is eligible for uncorking and why others are not, so that people don't feel like they have to keep requesting again and again until they seemingly randomly say yes. Or possibly offer it as a paid upgrade for those who are inteligible, or give a reason why it's not possible. I get that Tesla doesn't have to tell us anything, but transparency can go a long way to keep customers happy post delivery.

I am a new 75D owner (purchased summer 2017)... Since it seems this model has been discontinued does anyone know if there will be any “uncorking” in the near future. Any insights for future “upgrades” would be appreciated. [I am up-to-date with the official Tesla software (over-the-air) updates.]

I am a new 75D owner (purchased summer 2017)... Since it seems this model has been discontinued does anyone know if there will be any “uncorking” in the near future. Any insights for future “upgrades” would be appreciated. [I am up-to-date with the official Tesla software (over-the-air) updates.]

The Model S 75D (All Wheel Drive) has not been discontinued. Maybe you bought the Model S 75 (Rear Wheel Drive) that has been discontinued. If you bought your MS 75 after July 1st, it is most likely already uncorked from the factory. If not, you are most likely out of luck on the uncorking front, at least for now.

happy for you !

please try to find out what made them change their mind and let us know ...
Thanks Bart! They completed the job this morning. I received an update available then update complete notification on my app, then correspondence from them, including a completed ‘Goodwill’ work order sent to my email.

I’ll update this evening when I pick her up if the upgrade ‘took’.

Not sure the battery for the 75Ds have the ability to push the car that fast.
Well just like there is a P85 P90 and P100 each being faster than the previous I am sure they could have a P75 but just not as fast as the 90 or 100. I think the bigger issue is that (and I might be wrong here) to designate it as a P version it needs a larger rear motor. So I do not assume they could just offer a P version with pure software, at that point it would be further uncorking I think. Would they offer a motor swap for a P badge with the associated software patch? Sure they could, I don't think they will though.

Grabbed car last night at ~50% SoC (lame they didn’t charge it) and it’s buck wild now, even getting some tire skips.

Feels a lot like the new 100D loaner I had a few weeks ago.

I’ll say, between blasting the heat and jumping on the accelerator more than usual testing it out, it was toasting its range.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Dan60D and BartJ