Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 kWh Battery Capacity Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI

Tesla — 75 kWh Battery Capacity Upgrade

Increase the battery capacity of your 60 or 70 kWh Model S with an over-the-air upgrade to 75 kWh. This upgrade is available for all new front fascia Model S 60 and 70 kWh vehicles. Range improvements are listed below:

• 60 to 75 - adds approximately 39 miles of range
  • 60D to 75D - adds approximately 41 miles of range
  • 70 to 75 - adds approximately 15 miles of range
  • 70D to 75D - adds approximately 19 miles of range
To order please visit your MyTesla account and select your Model S. If your vehicle is eligible, the 75 kWh upgrade option will be visible in the Available Upgrades section. Upon confirmation of purchase, the over-the-air process will be initiated and the upgrade will occur during a vehicle sleep cycle over the next 1-2 days. Confirmation of the upgrade can be visually validated as a new digital badge will be displayed on the instrument cluster when completed. Your vehicle will then be eligible to receive a new rear badge to reflect the change to 75 kWh. Please contact your nearest Service Center to schedule installation of a new badge.

My 60D to 75D upgrade gave me 31 miles. Tesla says it should be "approximately" 41 miles. I guess I should have paid them $65,000 for the car, since that is approximately $85,000 by that definition. :rolleyes:

COTD!

COTD Award.jpg

I have a MS60 (bought in April 2017) and I've been on the bubble thinking about upgrading to 75, but haven't been able to make up my mind.

The one factor playing on my mind is whether the M3 launch in July impact price for the upgrade?

While I understand predicting what Tesla does in terms of marketing/sales is probably impossible, any thoughts from experts?

-AD

I have the Model S 60D. Went to My Tesla last night and the battery upgrade option disappeared. Anyone know what's going on? I e-mailed customer support. I'll update if I hear anything.

I have the Model S 60D. Went to My Tesla last night and the battery upgrade option disappeared. Anyone know what's going on? I e-mailed customer support. I'll update if I hear anything.
Sometimes the options come and go when they are updating their website. When I first got my Model S last year, the Autopilot upgrade option disappeared for a month and a half.

I had my 2016 S 60D upgraded by the previous owner to 75D upon purchase. Had it driven in by a member of the MN Tesla Club, a retired engineer who was a great help to us and a work=ld of knowledge about all things S and X as he has owned both.

Anyway, he charged a few times at the SC's local to his area before coming to VT at the advice of the local service center. He was only seeing 235 on a full charge as well. I'm using the car for a daily 190 mile commute. My average power draw per trip is 250-260 Wh/mi. Too soon to tell because I've only been doing this for a month or so but with my driving habits I expect to exceed the 235 range.

I'll report back in the future.

• Informative
Reactions: Maximapolak