Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 kWh vehicles received an update and now have improved performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Email: Tesla Updates August 2017 -->
"In addition, new Model S and Model X 75 kWh vehicles received an over-the-air software update and now have improved performance, with the ability to accelerate from zero to 60 mph one second faster."

Does this mean all MX 75's, all 2017, or only new ones with the new motors?

upload_2017-8-18_10-52-20.png

Tesla Email: Tesla Updates August 2017 -->
"In addition, new Model S and Model X 75 kWh vehicles received an over-the-air software update and now have improved performance, with the ability to accelerate from zero to 60 mph one second faster."

Does this mean all MX 75's, all 2017, or only new ones with the new motors?

View attachment 242288
Not sure why someone disagreed with this post... I too noticed the language but can confirm that my early 2017 has the same 0-60 speed. I just received it back from the SC where it was updated on Tuesday.

• Disagree
Reactions: xyeahtony
It was previously reported that the latest 75/75d have new motors and inverters. The performance increase requires new hardware and software updates.

I hope they release a software update for older ones that boost it, even if it's not the full ~1s. I have been holding off updating our 2016 s60 for $2k and this would make me open my wallet immediately.

Last edited:
Tesla’s RWD motor for the Model S and X is equipped with a 320kW inverter built on TO-247 insulated-gate bipolar transistor packages or IGBTs: As for the model x and s we have inverters rated at 320 kW that is why it's possible for a software update to bring us close to parity with the new models being built.

We can still get the upgrade only thing that has changed is the motor itself.... Different part number.

I got the latest update on my S 75 (60 delivered late December then upgraded when the price dropped to do so). Two things I noticed on my vehicle:
1) There is a noticeable difference in acceleration which is awesome.
2) My Autosteer seemed to revert to the stone ages way back when they initially introduced it to AP2 cars. Not sure if that is just the camera calibrating and I need to put more mileage on it, but the dancing lane lines and herky-jerky attempts at autosteer have made a triumphant return. It doesn't allow AP on roads and highways I've been enjoying its use for the past few months since it seems to have a difficult time sensing the lane lines.

I'll post an update once I give it more miles.

I got the latest update on my S 75 (60 delivered late December then upgraded when the price dropped to do so). Two things I noticed on my vehicle:
1) There is a noticeable difference in acceleration which is awesome.
2) My Autosteer seemed to revert to the stone ages way back when they initially introduced it to AP2 cars. Not sure if that is just the camera calibrating and I need to put more mileage on it, but the dancing lane lines and herky-jerky attempts at autosteer have made a triumphant return. It doesn't allow AP on roads and highways I've been enjoying its use for the past few months since it seems to have a difficult time sensing the lane lines.

I'll post an update once I give it more miles.

Are you the only reported 2016 to get quicker accelerration?

Any AP1.0 have any chance of getting upgrade?

Are you the only reported 2016 to get quicker accelerration?

Any AP1.0 have any chance of getting upgrade?
The latest is 17.32.9ea02cb and it seems to be majority ap1 cars even though the release notes have been stated to have auto high beams as a feature which is something ap2 has been looking forward to. Ap1 has 23 and ap2 has 12 reported installs on ev-fw so far.

The latest is 17.32.9ea02cb and it seems to be majority ap1 cars even though the release notes have been stated to have auto high beams as a feature which is something ap2 has been looking forward to. Ap1 has 23 and ap2 has 12 reported installs on ev-fw so far.

Ok break it down for me because this is first I am hearing about this.

A AP1.0 car has received faster acceleration via software update?

What about software locked 75.. would someone have to unlock to get faster acceleration?

Ok break it down for me because this is first I am hearing about this.

A AP1.0 car has received faster acceleration via software update?

What about software locked 75.. would someone have to unlock to get faster acceleration?
I think the wording in the email is confusing. I think the update that increases performance is for new vehicles that have updated hardware. I guess we’ll see after some more folks get the new update.