Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

750 hp Model S on Pikes Peak

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It just finished the race with a time of 11:48 with an average speed of 61 mph over the 12 mile coarse. That's a good time and it looks like the weather held up for the run. I wonder how much battery overheating affected the cars performance, it was hinted at in the video.
Modified electrics are in the 2nd, 3rd and 5th position; with the fastest running a 8:57.
The Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, 100th Anniversary & 94th Running - June 26, 2016

680px-Pikes_Peak_Course.svg.png

Last edited:
I learned that to enhance safety, you need to remove the airbags! (It's a racing thing). Now I want to know if an S actually needs a roll bar.

You need to learn that in a race car with a 6 point harness and the driver wearing a Hans device, that the airbags add no protection. Because the driver isn't going to move far enough to contact them. Airbags are needed when the driver and passengers aren't fully restrained. The roll cage is mandatory for the competition and make it possible to walk away from crashes like this.