TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

75d 0-100

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by nuckles, May 4, 2018.

1. nuckles

nuckles Member

Looking at Tesla website at the different vehicles available in stock.
    There is a s 75d used that says 0-100 5.8sec. And a new 75d that says 0-100 4.4 sec. Is this the software unlock and could the used one get upgraded.

2. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Member

Yes, its called uncorking. Most S75Ds can be uncorked. You'll find with a full battery it's a bit quicker than 4.4 seconds too, more like 4.0-4.2.

3. Krash

Krash Data Technician

The drive units were updated though in June of 2017. We have yet to uncover what was done but it was significant enough to change the option code.

4. shanelord

shanelord Member

It's also hard to tell if one can be updated. I have a Model S 75D manufactured in Nov 2016. It's one of the first with AP2 and new nose cone etc. It just recently had the "uncorking" done at service and is now a (approx) 4.4 0-100kmh car (equivalent of the USA 4.2 second 0-60mph).

I'd suggest getting Tesla to confirm if the 5.8 car can be uncorked before purchasing if it's important to you.

Shane.

5. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Mine was uncorkable with VIN 1517XX, built Aug 2016.
    Very noticable increase in performance, and at full charge I get about 4.2s 0-100kph.

6. Novatec

Novatec Member

Mine with a VIN of 140XXX is not uncorkable.
    Built May 2016

7. Krash

Krash Data Technician

Has the Melbourne service center uncorked other cars not on the original approved VIN list? Are you sure they know how to determine eligibility?