TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

75D 0-60 in 5.5s?

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by MikeJer, Sep 21, 2016.

1. MikeJer

MikeJer Member

After reading the recent Motor Trend X75D Review (link below), the listed 0-60 time caught my eye: 5.5s. It's listed this way inside the review itself and on the specifications below the core text. On the Model X order page it's listed at 6s. Has this been tested independently elsewhere? Have any 75D owners noticed this? Perhaps it's just an error in the review, but it'd be nice to know for sure.

2016 Tesla Model X 75D First Test Review - Motor Trend

2. number12

number12 Member

60d X and 75d X acceleration should be identical.. Correct? All other items equal?

3. MikeJer

MikeJer Member

I would guess so, but it's theoretically possible the 60D is software limited to a slower 0-60 time. I honestly have no clue either way. I take delivery on my 75D this Friday evening.

4. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

Motor Trend 0-60 times are with 1-ft rollout. So add roughly .3 seconds to get 5.8 for 0-60.

5. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

Theoretically if they were at the same state of charge. A 60d at 100% charge is going to be only 80-something percent of the 75 pack. We know that the car gets slower as the pack's SoC gets lower and lower.

6. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

#6 Saghost, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    It's been discussed over in the other thread about that review. The review is undoubtedly using one foot of rollout, and Tesla may be underselling the 75D number to make the 90D more attractive to people - they've done that before, particularly with the 85D which was almost as fast as a P85.

The 5.5 is probably the better number to compare against other cars if you need to compare.

7. 2virgule5

2virgule5 Member

But their specs says they are identical... Any difference due to SOC is likely to be within margin or error.