Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75D 6 Seater Kwh/mi consistently 380-400??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What kind of usage are you all seeing out there in the real world?

When I first got the car a month ago I was seeing 330-360ish range pretty constant. Since 8.0 update, consumption has definitely increased when driving the same roads etc... I did a 200mi round trip with lots of AP and highway usage 70mph and average 385 for the trip. Is that good? high?

Typically, I run low regen but switching to standard doesn't seem to make that big of a difference.

How are you guys getting such high consumption in the Bay Area? With the traffic, my commute averages 30mph. I'm at 280Wh/mi over 2K miles. :);):(
I think the source of your efficiency is the source of my inefficiency. My drive to work was literally 8mph one day a couple of weeks ago. Rest assured that on the way home I opened it up.

I'm usually at 280-320 on the way to work and 390-450 on the way home. There's less traffic when I'm driving home, plus I've got the AC on and more up than down on the hills.

In a steady state at 75, I seem to run about 375. My 1600 mile road trip to Chicago last week averaged around 350 Wh/mile at mostly 70 and 75.

Speed is very important for the X - at 65 I often see 310-320.

As the weather cools, check your tire pressure - make sure it is at least what's on the door sticker.

Reactions: goneskiian
When I first got the car a month ago I was seeing 330-360ish range pretty constant. Since 8.0 update, consumption has definitely increased when driving the same roads etc... I .
The answer is probably weather. You cannot do anything about rain and snow and and the increased frictions that go along with lower temperatures but you can and should keep your tyre pressures up to spec. I check my cars once a month and always have to add air* through the winter months.

*PSA-- A bicycle pump works great

Reactions: goneskiian
I have a 292 wh/mi lifetime average over 2500 miles in my 75D with 20" wheels. No change with 8.0. This includes elevation changes between 6500 and 9000 ft in Colorado. However, since purchase, I have rarely used heating or A/C in our mild mid-year climate. That will change quite a bit in the next month or so.

I only can report that my d75 when fully charged at 90%
charge in real world driving to work and around town is getting
Around 100 real miles per odometer. Piss poor.Also brakes squeak,
wi fi weak, seats puckering, tires continually are showing the warning of low pressure and air cond did not work on delivery. Also was not told that could not get sat radio without premium sound package. So could not obtain. No idea how to raise 3 rd row of seats and manual of no help. Rubber sealer between windows in front are pealing and car lost 1/2 charge when car left idle for 1 week while away in NYC. Finally the left side rear lane sensor was inoperative. Obviously not thrilled.
And by the way tinting almost usless and good sun glasses mandatory.
I hope these matters can be addressed by company. main concern is the lack of reasonable range and hope can be solved.
Have 1000 miles on car.
Finally I paid 10/12k for up grade to 230 miles only to be subsequently told to only charge to 90% or could shorten battery life,
Why bother?

When I first got the car a month ago I was seeing 330-360ish range pretty constant. Since 8.0 update, consumption has definitely increased when driving the same roads etc... I did a 200mi round trip with lots of AP and highway usage 70mph and average 385 for the trip. Is that good? high?

Typically, I run low regen but switching to standard doesn't seem to make that big of a difference.
That is pretty impressive. That seems high compared to Tesla's published number. I am new here, just ordered mine.