Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75D and Just Got a VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my VIN May 24 as well, with CA factory delivery. I also found a hidden field on the page with an estimated delivery date. Mine (851X) said 2016-07-04. I'm curious what everyone else got. You can see it by pasting this code in the address bar when on the page:

Code:
javascript:alert($('#edit-date-dropdown').val().slice(0,10))

I got my VIN May 24 as well, with CA factory delivery. I also found a hidden field on the page with an estimated delivery date. Mine (851X) said 2016-07-04. I'm curious what everyone else got. You can see it by pasting this code in the address bar when on the page:

Code:
javascript:alert($('#edit-date-dropdown').val().slice(0,10))

Same for me.
First available delivery date shows as 2016-07-04

The July 4th isnt a hidden delivery date, that is the code for the dropdown menu in Tesla's design studio. If you configure a car and click next, there is a dropdown menu which is a "select delivery preference". July is available on that and for some reason the code has always said the 4th. This was discussed on another thread and I've seen the 07-04 in my source code for 2 months. Sorry guys :(

Reactions: WABarb
For many of us the longest wait by far was from reservation to invitation. At least an order of magnitude longer.
Next longest (for those who ordered 70Ds, to whom this thread applies) is confirmation to VIN assignment.
It may be true that the wait between VIN assignment and production FEELS the longest, but I doubt it.
I think the longest waiting of the whole process is after VIN assigned, before production.

Heard from my DS today that MX will go into production on 6/20 with mid July to early August delivery. We shall see if that holds true but I'm not counting on it...

Model X 75D | Black | 20" Silver | 6 Tan Leather seats | Light Headliner | Matte Obeche | AutoPilot | Accessory Hitch | SAS | Subzero | Reserved 2016/02/29 | Ordered 2016/03/10 | Confirmed 2016/03/18 | SAS 2016/05/12 | VIN 08835 Assigned 2016/05/24

Heard from my DS today that MX will go into production on 6/20 with mid July to early August delivery. We shall see if that holds true but I'm not counting on it...

Model X 75D | Black | 20" Silver | 6 Tan Leather seats | Light Headliner | Matte Obeche | AutoPilot | Accessory Hitch | SAS | Subzero |
Reserved 2016/02/29 | Ordered 2016/03/10 | Confirmed 2016/03/18 | SAS 2016/05/12 | VIN 08835 Assigned 2016/05/24

Here is what I am experiencing - 2 wk production time ended 5/26 and 3 wks to ship by rail to east coast delivery Mid-late june

Last edited: