Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75D battery degradation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

Could you kindly share your degradation metrics on your Tesla Model S. I too have had about 13% degradation, and Tesla is not willing to stand behind their product. As a proud owner and a shareholder, I am very disappointed by this. I have other Evs, and the degradation has been nothing close to this. I do feel the 90-pack has some issues that have not been present in the 85.

I have created a public Google sheet aimed at tracking Tesla Model S degradation vs Mileage. Can you share your numbers:

Tesla Model S Battery Degradation

(Please share and circulate this post)

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Charged to 100% today for the first time since late 2017 and got 240 miles in the app. When I entered the car, it said 241, but it's basically a 5.2% drop from the 253 at 100% when I took delivery. This seems a little steep for only driving ~ 14K miles since Sept. 2017, but if it plateaus here for the foreseeable future, then I'm fine with that.

Hello everyone. I’ve seen the reports of the immediate range losses after installing recent updates with the 85 and 70 batteries. I have a 75 with a pending update, and I’m afraid to install it. Has anyone with a 75 battery seen any dramatic drop of range after installing recent updates?

I suspect that some time after the 100kwh battery pack introduction the 75 was switched over to the newer chemistry (and seemingly much more reliable) cells used in the bigger pack.

The earlier 75 seems to have a higher rate of issues (just like the 90 did vs the 100).
About when do you think the switch was made? Maybe I'll sell my car and get a used LEAF until the used M3s get down to $20,000 or so. It's looking like Tesla isn't going to support the older cars very well. Sell it before everyone else figures this out and expects a huge discount.

My degradation is still in line with what I expect -- not upset with that. Just took a road trip, though, and was interested to see if I would get any increased Supercharging speeds. Highest I ever remember getting is 96 kW, but recently some have reported up to 110 kW on 75 kWh batteries with newer firmware updates. I was on 2019.16.2 and hoped to see some increase.

My first SC stop only got to 80 kW, but I was still at about 40% SOC so not too unexpected. However, no session of the 10 or so I did EVER got above 80 kW, even with SOC as low as 10%. It wasn't cold or hot, so not a factor.

A real letdown when you hope for more and instead get much less. Apparently I'm now throttled, which is a REAL bummer.