Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75D - Deciphering window sticker options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum, but I am trying to decipher the options on this 5/17 75D build. It doesn't list PUP but, as you'll see, is has a "black interior" option for $3300 and also has upgraded stereo and subzero but its price is only 82K, not 87K.

So, the question is what does this car have that a custom build 75D
in design studio with PUP does not have and vice versa?

thanks

tesla 75d.png

The black interior is the upgraded "leather" seats. This is separate from PUP.
What you are likely missing from a car ordered today is:
  • Smart Air Suspension (now standard)
  • Bioweapon Defense Mode (part of PUP)
  • Premium Interior Lighting (now standard, used to be PUP)
  • Fog Lights (now standard, used to be PUP)
There might also be a headlight difference, I'm not sure. I'm sure others who know much more than me will comment with details.

The subzero and premium sound are now included in PUP, you've got those as stand alone options.

Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum, but I am trying to decipher the options on this 5/17 75D build. It doesn't list PUP but, as you'll see, is has a "black interior" option for $3300 and also has upgraded stereo and subzero but its price is only 82K, not 87K.

So, the question is what does this car have that a custom build 75D
in design studio with PUP does not have and vice versa?

thanks

View attachment 258117
Hi There! Great to see another Chicago Tesla fan. Maybe the custom configured one has the sliding panoramic moon roof, whereas this one has the standard fixed glass roof? I took delivery of my Tesla S a year ago at Grand. Which show room did you visit? Grand? Or Highland park? Greetings, Mick

• Helpful
Reactions: Tforme
Thanks very much. Do you think that it has the power liftgate/hatch? And is "glass roof" the fixed glass roof - meaning no sunroof? I'll go research the lighting issues and see if I care :)

"Glass Roof" is the fixed roof, not the opening sunroof. Not sure about power liftgate. This was made standard a while back. Is this an inventory car? If so, I can have my OA dig a little deeper for you, he's always willing to answer my oddball questions.

Thanks very much. Do you think that it has the power liftgate/hatch? And is "glass roof" the fixed glass roof - meaning no sunroof? I'll go research the lighting issues and see if I care :)

Correct. "Glass roof" is standard and included. When I bought it, that was not even an option. It was either a closed roof, OR a glass roof with sliding moon roof. The main reason I opted for this, as I really wanted the glass roof. But I think I would still have paid the premium for the sliding moon roof if I were to order today.

Correct. "Glass roof" is standard and included. When I bought it, that was not even an option. It was either a closed roof, OR a glass roof with sliding moon roof. The main reason I opted for this, as I really wanted the glass roof. But I think I would still have paid the premium for the sliding moon roof if I were to order today.

BTW, have you seen the two options in person? The standard full glass roof is nice, in that you dont have the divider / bar which do you have with the sliding roof version. So if feels a bit more open, and higher above your head if you are tall ( I am 6" and I noticed the difference when I sat in a non-sliding roof car). But it is also very nice to be able to slide the roof open, as the roof is pretty dark to protect against the sun, so when the weather is good I always have the roof open.

BTW, have you seen the two options in person? The standard full glass roof is nice, in that you dont have the divider / bar which do you have with the sliding roof version. So if feels a bit more open, and higher above your head if you are tall ( I am 6" and I noticed the difference when I sat in a non-sliding roof car). But it is also very nice to be able to slide the roof open, as the roof is pretty dark to protect against the sun, so when the weather is good I always have the roof open.

Another difference is roof racks and XM radio. If either are important to you, get the Pano roof. I didn't need either, so I went with the glass roof and am happy with it.

Hi There! Great to see another Chicago Tesla fan. Maybe the custom configured one has the sliding panoramic moon roof, whereas this one has the standard fixed glass roof? I took delivery of my Tesla S a year ago at Grand. Which show room did you visit? Grand? Or Highland park? Greetings, Mick
My delivery is supposed to be at Westmont. Haven't been anywhere near there... yet...

My delivery is supposed to be at Westmont. Haven't been anywhere near there... yet...

That location is a bit out of my way, living close to Grand, but I have been there once for a minor service appointment. It is the flagship showroom for Mid West, and it shows. It is actually the nicest and largest how room I have seen so far in the USA. Its a good place to take delivery, but they dont have supercharging on site, like they have at the Highland park location.

• Informative
Reactions: OnBass
Thanks for all replies. I'm just coming off a 2 day test drive and will post my observations. Appreciate all the offers w/r/t referral codes - but I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger yet. Soon, I hope.
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to hear about your test drive experiences. Any particular config choices your are mulling over? After reading about the tax plans, I am afraid the $7500 tax credit will end very soon, so it you'd like to get that benefit, you may want to decide quickly...