Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75D July 2018 build. What rate of charging at a Supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
bump...

Any users of the 75D battery still here? I wonder if the SuC speed increase is still valid or is it nerfed? I am interested in the 10-40% charging speed that suppose to go over 130kW ?
Late 2016 75D Unicorn MX (FSD, FSUC, Cellular).
0 to ~45% can reach speeds up to 144kW if the battery is Smoking hot (120*F or higher). That rate is held for about 1-2 minutes, then levels off around 1150-125kW. No matter what the battery temperature is, once it hits ~50% SOC, rate drops like an absolute rock down to about 50kW and continues to drop. 0-45% is quick, higher than that, it's more than painful. Fell Asleep at 2am-ish at the supercharger outside Ohare Airport waiting for my Mother In Laws flight from China to land at 7 am. I woke up when my backup phone alarm went off at 6:45am. I panicked, since I was expecting to owe a small fortune in Idle Fees.
Sure as heck, it was STILL CHARGING. Over 6 total hours at that supercharger and it was STILL CHARGING.

Reactions: LonelyMS
Well 0-45% is enough for another trip if the SuCs are near...that should be enough roughly for 150km @ 130kmh if im not mistaken?
Not a chance. A 100% charge, I'm lucky to get 120 miles on my 75D. Rated Range is 202-204 now at 100%. So 193km-ish on a 100% charge. Alignment is good, my MX is just a power Hungary beast. On the flip side, my Model S can meet or exceed rated range.

Do you also have 75D model S?
90D.
And as for what I was referring to for my MX75D's charge rate, it only holds that high rate for a minute maybe two. At 50% SOC it drops like a rock to around 50kW. The taper hits fairly hard yet below 50% SOC. And again, battery temp needs to be HOT HOT HOT. Even with a Hot battery I haven't seen those high speeds since September. I won't see any decent speed again, even on a hot battery until around May.
While my MS90D does have a larger battery, I can make it from Milwaukee to Pigeon Forge, in 4 charge stops. It takes my MX75D now ~10. Rated range difference is 202-204 on the MX to 242 on the MS. That is also driving the MS like a Tesla Should, and the MX like a prius aiming for the highest range.

Last edited: