Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75D July 2018 build. What rate of charging at a Supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a loaner S 75D few weeks ago ..I got 120kw at a V3 supercharger but there are a lot of variables ok Max supercharging ..age of battery how many supercharges on the battery ...soc, temperature etc ..the S 75D was a non raven so urs should be able to hit 120 in good conditions

I had a loaner S 75D few weeks ago ..I got 120kw at a V3 supercharger but there are a lot of variables ok Max supercharging ..age of battery how many supercharges on the battery ...soc, temperature etc ..the S 75D was a non raven so urs should be able to hit 120 in good conditions

Thanks for the response! I was hoping for a higher rate on a trip I'll be taking but 120 is better than my wall charger at home

• Helpful
Reactions: TJtv
Hello all,

Quick question. I have a 2018 July build 75D. What kind of charging rates can I expect at a Supercharger? I know the update a few weeks back increased the charging rate but I'm not sure if it applied to pre-Raven builds.

Thanks!

Lou
I have a 2016 MX 75D. The original max rate was 96 kW. But since an update sometime in 2019, I routinely see 122 to 125 if starting at a low state of charge. But, the taper comes sooner, and the drop-off rate is quicker, on this car than on our M3.

Reactions: Harvey Danger
I have a 2016 MX 75D. The original max rate was 96 kW. But since an update sometime in 2019, I routinely see 122 to 125 if starting at a low state of charge. But, the taper comes sooner, and the drop-off rate is quicker, on this car than on our M3.

Last summer the taper started from 42% in my car. Now it seems to start from 38%, probably yet another charging curve change :-/

I have a 2018 75D, barely supercharge and now it is weird. I get about 70KW but in less than a minute is drops at 60KW on a 120KW supercharger. I told Tesla service, waiting for their "investigation". They claim it is not normal to see this hard limitation. When I was charging last weekend another guy with the same car and 46k miles was even worse (40ish). Mine has 42kmiles and battery got there warm. If anyone has had success with Tesla service finding any issues .. please share. I am aware of the battery-gate.

I have a 2018 75D, barely supercharge and now it is weird. I get about 70KW but in less than a minute is drops at 60KW on a 120KW supercharger. I told Tesla service, waiting for their "investigation". They claim it is not normal to see this hard limitation. When I was charging last weekend another guy with the same car and 46k miles was even worse (40ish). Mine has 42kmiles and battery got there warm. If anyone has had success with Tesla service finding any issues .. please share. I am aware of the battery-gate.
What was your battery state of charge when you began supercharging? In my 75D if I begin SC with the battery at 10%, I'll get about 120 kW charging rate. But if I begin at 40 or 50%, then the 60 kW you describe is quite normal

What was your battery state of charge when you began supercharging? In my 75D if I begin SC with the battery at 10%, I'll get about 120 kW charging rate. But if I begin at 40 or 50%, then the 60 kW you describe is quite normal
I tried all scenarios. If it is too low it goes slow before ramping to higher but for some reasons it does not go high anymore. I sat it at 140kw when the car had 20k miles. Now I don't see 80... Even if the battery is 20% and warm.

I have the same X as you. Here is a chart of my supercharging from a trip I took this fall. The peak charging is in the 18 to 38 percent charged range.

upload_2020-11-20_19-57-38.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-20_19-55-55.png
    upload_2020-11-20_19-55-55.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 868
  • Informative
Reactions: E Dizzle and byeLT4
I did some supercharging last Saturday night on my way back from out of town, and used a new 250 kW charger in Modesto, California, Sisk Road. I got there with about 20% residual charge and after connecting, quickly ramped up to 184 kW for a short while. It was pretty high until 50% then began slowing down, but I got 20-50% in about 20 minutes. I have a July 2018 MX 100D, with a G battery pack (I think). Will try to post a picture later.
Mike P