Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75d Los Angeles to Vegas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Done it in an 85 on the way to points north and east. Here's the thing - the Las Vegas SC is a pain. If you don't plan to drive around a lot while there, consider a stop at Primm and/or Barstow (Barstow is an easy in and out unless at peak times).

Better to charge for 15 minutes than to lose 25 minutes driving below the speed limit.

I travelled last week from Bakersfield to Las Vegas with a stop at Barstow. I averaged 69 mph with a fully loaded vehicle, interior temp. @ 75, exterior temp.@ 98. Initially, I had concerns but not a problem now. A 75D has 20 miles less than but I don't see a problem.

Done it in an 85 on the way to points north and east. Here's the thing - the Las Vegas SC is a pain. If you don't plan to drive around a lot while there, consider a stop at Primm and/or Barstow (Barstow is an easy in and out unless at peak times).

Better to charge for 15 minutes than to lose 25 minutes driving below the speed limit.

Most hotels have at least a J1772, We saw a few shows while the X was charging and it was usually right next to valet. :)

• Informative
Reactions: TaoJones
What's the issue with the SC in Vegas? I was planning on doing a trip there from LA soon...

Its downtown off the freeway in parking structure in a so-so section of town near Freemont. This takes time to get & from I-15... unlike the SC at Primm which has quick I-15 access with an adjacent MacDonald's restroom. The SC in Las Vegas is close to Container Park which if open does have some interesting shops & restaurants... but it also is next to some high density "low income" multi-level apartments down the alley connected to the parking garage (stick to the main streets). We ate at VegeNation a block away from the Las Vegas SC and it was delicious.

Bottom Line: Primm has much quicker I-15 freeway access & 24-hour restroom at MacDonald's... Las Vegas has more shops / restaurants (when Container Park is open).

Reactions: kazkioken