Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75D no longer in the Tesla route app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The route planner on the Tesla site only shows "Long range" and "Performance" options under the Model X category. There doesn't appear to be a way to select a 75D now.

Makes that app pretty useless to me.

Go Anywhere | Tesla

Isn't that just a sales tool used to promote sales of new vehicles? Why would you expect it to support vehicles that are no longer available?

Reactions: 1375mlm and bmah
Isn't that just a sales tool used to promote sales of new vehicles? Why would you expect it to support vehicles that are no longer available?

Just my opinion: This part of the Tesla Web site is useful just for showing the feasibility of long-distance travel in a Tesla. It's not a substitute for either the in-car trip planner or the several third-party trip planners available either as Web sites or mobile apps. Those others (can) take into account factors such as weather, payload, driving speed, and so on, which can have a significant effect on energy usage (and hence your charging plan).

Bruce.

Agreed. I have a 75D and have tried to use the online planner but it is never been as accurate as what the car tells me. Something like abetterrouteplanner has been much closer.

From what I can tell it’s for non-owners trying to get an idea. It won’t let you set your beginning SOC, planned speed, weather, payload, and other important details that can make the difference of 20-40% in timing. I always go to the garage or use the better planner website whenever I want an accurate arrival time