Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75D v X5 Hybrid

New 75D or New BMW X5 40e?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you consider a bare bones model S? No PUP, NO Premium interior? If autopilot is a must then for the Tesla

I was thinking autopilot and maybe premium interior. The only thing I value in PUP is heated seats (for wife) and that is used so rarely I think we’ll “survive” without. I’d like the larger wheels but not at $4500.

Have you driven an S before? If not, I would consider scheduling a test drive at a Tesla store. Or another option is to rent out a Model S on Turo for a few days to get a good feel for the car in your everyday life.

Yes, I am close to a Tesla store and will be scheduling a test drive. That plus all the great info on this forum should help finalize the purchase.

I was thinking autopilot and maybe premium interior. The only thing I value in PUP is heated seats (for wife) and that is used so rarely I think we’ll “survive” without. I’d like the larger wheels but not at $4500.

I agree, I went with the premuim interior and autopolit. It just did not make sense to me to buy a luxury car without nice seats. You do know that heated front seats come standard? They only thing I wanted in the PUP is the audio. Just figured I would upgrade it after.

Pay no attention to the horror stories about used. People will always come online to complain. But nobody comes online to go "my purchase was fantastic! everything was 100%"

Come to think of it, I've seen just as many positive CPO experiences as I have negative. That being said, id rather buy new. $7500 tax credit would be nice too.

Anyone else doing similar cross shopping? After the horror experiences in this forum about buying a used (non-refurbished) Model S I have scrapped that long time plan of mine, Looking at bare bones new 75D or BMW X5 40e. Basic requirements include daily commute in heavy traffic of 25 miles each way. Occasional trips out of town taking kids to sports tournaments.

I’d rather have a Model S all things being equal although price difference (Tesla probably 15k or more expensive) and ability in X5 not to think about plan for recharging on out of town trips are considerations.
Can you send me a pm? They removed my referral code but I'll send it to you that way

I agree, I went with the premuim interior and autopolit. It just did not make sense to me to buy a luxury car without nice seats. You do know that heated front seats come standard? They only thing I wanted in the PUP is the audio. Just figured I would upgrade it after.

Sadly (happily) I did not realize front heated seats came standard until you pointed it out. Sealed my decision not to order PUP.

Reactions: PrGrPa