Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75D with 85D battery? (Unlocked)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Looking at a 2017 75D.
Badged as 75D, plate comes back as 75D, but the software says it's an 85D. What's going on here?

I've read that some 75s built in 2017 may have been shipped with an 85 battery (using up stock?) but I wasn't aware there has ever been an option to unlock this to get the full 85. I thought that had only ever been 60/70 to 75?

Can anyone shed any light? Obviously I will ask the vendor, but I trust the hive mind here a bit more...

Thanks.

Software page on the main screen shows 85D. Looks like the dash shows 75D, but I've only seen a far picture.
It is a European car.

Hi all,

Looking at a 2017 75D.
Badged as 75D, plate comes back as 75D, but the software says it's an 85D. What's going on here?

I've read that some 75s built in 2017 may have been shipped with an 85 battery (using up stock?) but I wasn't aware there has ever been an option to unlock this to get the full 85. I thought that had only ever been 60/70 to 75?

Can anyone shed any light? Obviously I will ask the vendor, but I trust the hive mind here a bit more...

Thanks.

a small number of euro 75 had a BTX85 battery.

I don't know if it suffers the same flaws as the rest of them but I would avoid 85 batteries unless Tesla puts in writing it will never get batterygate, chargegate, or draingate downgrades like the rest of the 85 fleet.

The 60/70 to 75 unlock goes the other way on 85 batteries. A lot of us were downgraded to lowered capacity without notice. You don't want a problem battery, just avoid it.