TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

#770 - Racing Green - Boulder, CO [SOLD]

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by mfarendt, Jun 13, 2012.

1. mfarendt

mfarendt Member

Auction ended this afternoon with reserve price not being met for the third time. Maybe the reserve price needs reconsideration if the owner really wants to get this thing sold...

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

That happens a lot with higher priced items on eBay. I know he's out of the country right now, so I'm sure he's given it to a broker to sell for him. If you want to make him an offer privately, I can pass on your contact info.

3. mfarendt

mfarendt Member

Sorry for not having replied earlier, but I've been preoccupied with work and my ICE based car being in the shop. I'm seriously dealingwith the pros and cons of going with a Model S reservation vs. Purchasigna Roadster. As the highest bidder twice on this car (granted below reserve price), I am surprised that the consigner and/or owner has been unwilling to contact me about my interest in this vehicle.

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

If a Model S performance meets your needs, there are benefits of a new car warranty and of buying a new car from Tesla since the more new sales they have, the better chance Tesla will prosper. The Roadster is awesome though so also a great option. Hope you get what you're looking for.

5. bonnie

Have you tried contacting the company that listed it? Or are you just waiting for someone to contact you?

I don't know because I haven't asked him any details about the deal, but perhaps the reserve is the minimum he's willing to consider. He's a pretty straight shooter, doesn't play games, so it would be like him to set the reserve exactly at his minimum price.

He doesn't need to sell it.

6. mfarendt

mfarendt Member

I've been in contact with the consigner of the car for several weeks now and made the request for some information on the car (inspection report from Tesla, the SOC on the battery pack, etc.). The consigner has yet to provide me with that information.

But as you say, it would appear that the reserve price is the absolutely lowest price he is willing to sell the car for and that he's not in any hurry to sell.

7. bonnie

I'll let the owner know that the consigner is not responding. If you pm me with your contact info, I'll also forward that so that he can contact you directly.

8. pharma5

pharma5 Roadster F#25, Model 3 #36xx

9. bonnie

The site is out of date. I believe that Roadster was a trade-in on a Model S Signature.

10. pharma5

11. Bamashrink

Bamashrink Member

Id be really interested if the car is still for sale. I'll call the numbers listed in a final futile gesture.

12. pharma5

There's a couple of other greenies just below it that should still be out there...

13. Bamashrink

Bamashrink Member

Like the interior on this one.

14. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX;S90D;XP100D;3LR

I'm the original owner of Roadster #770. It's no longer on the market as a private sale: I traded it in to TM on the Model S.

15. Bamashrink

Bamashrink Member