Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7k miles. New motor put in and now need gear box fluid service. Anyone had similar experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This same error happened on my new Model X the week before Thanksgiving. Seemed to only happen 30 minutes into driving or so. Took it to service, they couldn’t replicate the error and couldn’t find anything wrong. Error came back, took it in again, and they spent 3 hours replacing all the gearbox fluid. Error came back again. Service seemed to think it was a software issue as they couldn’t see anything wrong and the car drives fine.

Haven’t seen the error since the most recent software update, but also haven’t taken any long drives, so we’ll see!

I had a very similar thing where the message would only come on after about 30 minutes of driving.

Reactions: SeasonedTech
upload_2019-12-16_8-43-40.png

Here's the run down. I was told that they fluid level was low, but no leaks were found. They replaced the oil and oil pump. They postulated that the oil may have not been filled to optimum levels or that the pump was not functioning properly, hence the replacement. Interesting.

View attachment 488745

Here's the run down. I was told that they fluid level was low, but no leaks were found. They replaced the oil and oil pump. They postulated that the oil may have not been filled to optimum levels or that the pump was not functioning properly, hence the replacement. Interesting.
View attachment 488745

Thank you for sharing this. I appreciate it. Curious, your original post stated front motor replaced, and the recent work was done on the rear motor. Interesting.

Thank you for sharing this. I appreciate it. Curious, your original post stated front motor replaced, and the recent work was done on the rear motor. Interesting.
Good point, they told me verbally it was the front but I never got the paperwork so it may have been the rear.

Do you mind sharing your Wh/mi over the last 7k miles (most of which were in the summer, I assume)?
I am just seeing this now and I will check later today.

Nearing 48,000kms and the worse thing that's happened is two flat tires due to improperly tuned tire valves. Lots of small dings on the wind shield and mirrors (did not PPF the mirrors /facepalm).

Hope your troubles are resolved quickly.

why would you PPF a 50k car lol..... Anyone i see even wanting to spend money on PPF are people who own cars 100k+. just drive it and get another one in a few years lol.