Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7th Annual Black Hills Sound of Silence Tesla Rally! May 15—17, 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Not an option on the current registration page, unless the page changes after the initial submission. There is always the possibility I've gone blind or I'm having an existential crisis of some sort..........
Look under the Running Total, but before the Billing Information.

Last edited:
Reactions: PACEMD
So..........if we register as one driver and one passenger we're good to go? Now that I think about it I may need to have my wife drive. Apparently I don't see so well.......
Yes. The welcome packet and any shirts you ordered will be waiting for you in Custer. You probably want to reserve a room at a hotel or a space at a campground.

Thanks. Not an option on the current registration page, unless the page changes after the initial submission. There is always the possibility I've gone blind or I'm having an existential crisis of some sort..........
It's a green box under the shirt and convenience fee. Maybe it only shows up once you click "add registrant". Try reloading the page, try using a computer not a phone (in case that's an issue).

Oh, that add registrant link! Thanks. So that's why I got married, so my wife can point to the big green add registrant link and roll her eyes......
…Now that I think about it I may need to have my wife drive. Apparently I don't see so well.......
Found it, thanks. I was blind sided........
I'm sure @Bighorn will agree with your wife that exercise is good for the eyes. Maybe he can take a look at your eyes, too. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: PACEMD and Darren S
*Correction*

Driver–$60, Passenger–$35, and Under 12–$15.

Also on the registration page, you can order Long Sleeve Tesla Rally Shirts. Late registrants won't be able to order the shirt.

Quoting the registration page, "Each registered driver will receive $10 in Custer Cash, a 2020 Tesla Pin, and a Crazy Horse Memorial dash ID that will get you free entrance all day on Saturday." The advantage to registering early is to insure that you will receive the 2020 Tesla Pin. The folks at the Custer Area Chamber of Commerce can print more Custer Cash and Crazy Horse Memorial dash IDs, but once the pins run out, you are out of luck. Registering early also helps give the businesses time to order food or other supplies.
Thanks for the tip on registering early, I just signed up. They need to make the logo larger on the site and the t-shirt. I am looking forward to the trip, hopefully the weather will be decent.

@Big Earl any intel on number of registrations yet? I saw you were posting some data from last year's preparations, just curious.

Reactions: DavidB
Here is my first try at the route there and back.
3,533 miles
64 hours total, including 8:22 charging
I am a little concerned about weather through high altitudes in Wyoming, Montana, and Washington. Any thoughts from the NW experts on travel in May for this route? Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 9.37.11 PM.png

I don't think you are likely to have weather problems on that route here in May, not in southeastern Montana and northeastern Wyoming at least. I'll let the Washington, western Montana, and south Wyoming folks speak for their neck of the woods. I hope the coronavirus in WA state is yesterday's news by that point.

Last edited:
Reactions: BM3B
@Big Earl any intel on number of registrations yet? I saw you were posting some data from last year's preparations, just curious.

I have no insight on this year’s numbers. I think I got last year’s number from the Chamber of Commerce folks but I can’t remember for sure.

I’d expect over 100 cars this year unless Coronavirus is running rampant and keeping people from going out.

Reactions: DavidB
I hope the coronavirus in WA state is yesterday's news by that point.
I don't imagine there are very many people who live in Washington, so it won't take too long for everyone to have gotten over the infection.;)

Although I did hear about one woman who got it a second time after recovering from it the first time. If this is something that we keep getting over and over it's gonna be a rough year.

But if you avoid going to the rally for fear of getting sick, the virus has already won

I don't imagine there are very many people who live in Washington, so it won't take too long for everyone to have gotten over the infection.;)

Although I did hear about one woman who got it a second time after recovering from it the first time. If this is something that we keep getting over and over it's gonna be a rough year.

I know, right? You can wander around Seattle all day long and hardly encounter another human being.

The being infected a second time thing is almost certainly a bad interpretation of information. There's more to that story. And less. Viruses can mutate quickly but not that quickly. Meaning not fast enough for reinfection in short order after recovery. If we ever encounter a virus capable of mutating that quickly we're all screwed..........

… if you avoid going to the rally for fear of getting sick, the virus has already won
I would agree if your statement began the clause, "If you are young and healthy and…"

COVID-19 is particularly hard on the elderly with preexisting health issues. I think that segment of our population, unfortunately, is more heavily represented in the Tesla community than in the average population.